Chapter 54

"Well, the drive through the neighbourhood was pretty.. unnerving.."

Alex set down her bag and took off her jacket.

"Took you longer than expected", I smiled.

"Yeah, sorry", she emptied her pockets, "I'll just take a shower and be straight down to eat, okay?"

"Okay..", I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

OH, TO THINK SHE WAS MY FIANCÈE!

Was? Or is?
Does me not having a memory of it change anything?

My eyes lay on her phone. I just couldn't help but want to take a peek.

You can look through your fiancèe's phone, right? Right?

Fucking password!

The light from her airpods blinked.

Did I accidentally trigger it?

Hold up! I can listen to music, right? I smirked to myself and plugged it into my ears wondering what she was listening too.

When the night wasn't full of terrors
And your eyes weren't filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met

My heart softened. Does she miss me?

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you

The beat dropped with my heart.

Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Take me back to the night we met

I smiled, sadly and respectfully kept it away. I really am an asshole sometimes..

"So, we are in love..", I stated, foolishly, "so, hold up.. she bought me from Sam to save me..? Is she really waiting for me to recover memory? Because something tells me that's NOT gonna happen.."

My eyes were kind of wet. I yearned for her. I wanted to be with her..

Alex stepped out of the shower, looking fresh as fuck.

"You have nice taste in music", I smiled.

"Thank yo- wait, what did you listen to?", she eyed me, suspiciously.

"Something, take me back to the night.."

"Oh fuck", she laughed, wiping her face, "well, it is nice, yes.. thank you.."

She sat next to me on the bed and nervously hugged me. I tightened the hug and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Long day?", I caressed her hair.

"Very.."

I felt bad. She rested her face on my shoulder, consciously avoiding any direct contact with my bare neck. How can someone be so respectful?

If it were before the grand news, my friends would analyse this as 'her way of manipulating me into liking her'.

I snickered and pulled her closer into me, lying down. Her thigh lay right on top of my groin for a second and my heart bounced. She moved it away and I groaned internally.

Everybody I don't want to touch has touched me and the one person I like, is ridiculously polite.

A sudden crash echoed in the room and we shot upright. Frail pieces of glass lay shattered on the ground.

"They shot a stone through the window", Alex muttered.

"They have the patio.."

Alex silently got up and went towards the window.