Chapter 3

Third Person POV:

"Sam has been acting strange lately", Nicky complained from across the line.

"Don't worry, he's probably caught up in some work. He'll come around", Alex soothed.

"He's the only family I have left. I don't want to spend my Christmas in such a way. He's so distant and off, he doesn't talk about his stay back in Vegas either", Nicky spoke slowly about her brother, and continued after a long pause, "will you not come back for Christmas?"

"I'll try my best, Nicky, I promise. I'll be there soon", Alex smiled.

Rose got out of the shower, water dripping from her hair, her skin glowing in the dim light of the room, like a queen's.

Alex smiled innocently.

-

Rose's POV:

I didn't expect her to be waiting for me in the room itself. I was only wearing a bath gown, I got nervous and tried to turn away, but she spoke.

"It's okay, I'll just take the washroom. You can have the room to yourself", Alex said, smiling the sweetest of those smiles.

I think I blushed. No, it was probably the cool wind hitting my warm skin. Whatever, I just want to be alone.

"You can ask Benny to cook dinner, I'll be down in a few", and she disappeared behind the door.

So I also have an excuse to avoid having to look at her naked self. My stars have aligned.

-

"You like Taylor?", Alex spoke from across the table.

She must've noticed my new shirt, I was wearing. Or was she checking me out?

"Yes! I love all her songs, I could dance all day to them", I accidentally blurted out the last part. This is about to get embarrassing.

"Oh, you like to dance?", her eyes glimmered with excitement.

"Uh- I- um- just when I'm alone.. I guess. It's nothing special", I tried to brush it off.

She leaned in her chair while smirking at me. I just stared at my pasta.

"Sooo.. I think I'll take the couch if you want for tonight-"

"Oh, no way. It's cold out here-", my fucking tongue. Now I sound like I care.

"So we sleep in the same bed?", she smirked again.

I sighed in defeat, 'oh God, she's smooth.'

"I've been forced to have a dick in me, I don't know, it's all up to you, I guess."

"Right. I sleep on the couch", I was about to give her a look but she continued, "AND, we have a fireplace, it'll stay warm in here. You can chill up there.. you know.. chill up there", she punned.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't contain the giggle.. ugh, she's annoyingly cute.

"That's the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard.."

I looked up and into her eyes.. and nearly lost track of time.

"I-I'll do the dishes-", I fumbled.

"Bennyyy.."

Damnit.