Chapter 51

"Honey, I'll be home before dinner, okay?", Alex put her essentials in her bag in a hurry.

"Where exactly are you headed, though? I thought we could spend some time together.."

Alex blushed and looked at me, "um.. you can hang out with your friends? I swear, I'll be quick.."

She kissed my forehead and I smiled.

"What? Are you waiting for a kiss?"

"Oh, no", she snickered, "well, maybe.."

I leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. We held our gaze a while longer. You're so precious, Alex..

After all, what harm has she ever done?

Alex's phone rang, tearing us from our daze.

"Oh my word", Alex swore and got up, "I'll see you later, baby.."

She recieved the call and walked out, "oh, I couldn't find the storage unit so I left it in the armoury.."

What.. the.. fuck..?

Oh my fucking God, what have you done, Alex..

-

"Plan! Storage unit! ARMOURY? What hints are we still waiting for?", Jane yelled.

Elijah sat in the balcony, smoking her cigarette, unimpressed.

I let her words hang in the air. I didn't believe anything and everything they were saying, now. It was just frustrating to not have an opinion of my own.

"Elijah! When are we gonna tell her?"

"What?"

Elijah sighed and sat next to us, "what do you want me to say?"

"Tell her what the fuck happened at Alex's!"

"What the fuck happened at Alex's?"

"Exactly. What the fuck happened at Alex's?"

"Jesus fucking Christ! Stop, you two! You fight like teenage girls over a boy!"

Wow, way to increase the sexual tension between us.

"Or over a girl", I panned.

"Or over each other", Jane muttered.

"Did you just flirt?", Elijah gave her a look.

"It was a joke!"

I smirked, "or was it?"

Jane rolled her eyes and the suppressed smile slowly became visible.

"Fine, we'll have a coherent discussion. I'm not yelling", she groaned.

"Elijah, what happened at Alex's?"

"Oh mi Dios", she groaned and rubbed her face, "okay. This happened when you were with Gloria, and I got out of therapy feeling very mad. And I just wanted to do it.."

"Do what?"

"To just- confront Alex! To just straight up ask her what the fuck is her plan. A question you are yet to ask her!"

"I have asked her that multiple times and she never has an answer..", I spoke, calmly.

"An unanswered question! Another red flaaag", Jane cheered, sarcastically.

"Austin!", Elijah reprimanded her.

"Are you jealous of her?"

Jane glared at me real hard, "do you want me to walk away?"