Chapter 50: |A New Beginning|

After Kuro shut the door behind him, he quickly stalked outside to take care of the other things for his sick master.

This was very usual for him. And, since he has been with Zeno for many long years it could be said, even the way he does things, had become like Zeno. Though he might not be that accurate or a perfectist like him.

He had to manage the States, complete the royal files, honour the visitors and everything like this, until Zeno finally recovers.

Calculating all this, Kuro's footsteps quickened when, he suddenly noticed a small commotion take place on the front.

"You are back, Gerold?"

"Hmn. Yes, Hello everyone."

"Where have you gone all these weeks..?"

"Ah... Just here and there.. "

"Oh my.. your waist..! Did you get hurt..? Do you want to tend you..?"

"Ahh.. Ahh.. No Auntie. I did that already.."

"Master's gonna be mad if he finds this.. Gerold.."

"..Y-Yes.. I know.. It's just that certain unexpected strange stuff happened while I was escorting Anastasia-samma and-"

"What's happening here..?"

Kuro's eyes narrowed when he saw the solider who had escorted Anastasia the other day return here this late. And, he approched him with a serious look.

At his appearance, the atmosphere around the balcony suddenly turned silent and everyone automatically moved to give way for the second in power of the household.

"Aha.. Kuro-kun, you are here too? It's just that, the people were asking me about-"

"What took you so long to come back, Gerold.. ? And, what was the strange thing that happened with Anastasia-samma..?"

Kuro went straight to the point without bothering the formalities.

Gerold was upset about Kuro's lack in sensitivity. He immediately sulked.

"You must be kidding me, Kuro. I had just recovered from my pain and you come straight to business..? Can't you see how much hurt I look.. ? How can you make me-

Ah.. Ah.. Ahhh.. My ribs.. They hurt..! I can't. Hold. It-... "

Gerold suddenly cried holding the marble pillar beside him and faked a quick pain to escape Kuro's lecture.

Kuro rolled his eyes and told him.

"Gerold speak. Or do you want me to take the matter to boss..?"

"No!! No.. Anything but that! "

Gerold surrendered abruptly and put his head down in obedience.

"I got accidentally attacked by Anastasia-samma..."

He confessed bitterly in a low voice.

"W-WhAt..?"

Kuro was shocked out of his wits at this.

He then, immediately looked around noticing how they were currently the center of everyone's attention and cleared his throat elegantly.

"I believe you all have respective jobs other than eavesdropping another's conversation..?"

Kuro started with an expressionless face and glared at them lightly.

"Yes. Sir."

"Of course, sir."