Chapter 49: |The True Meaning Of Being Fated|

"Hmmn.. I have heard."

I told her expressionlessly.

That's what everyone says about him. But, it's still unfortunate that I had never once witnessed that from the lad.

Though I have said this, even by my tone, you can find I did not believe it at all.

Lady Marian thought so too. So, she chuckled and repeated.

"What's that? You don't trust me at all right? You don't have to lie to me, Anastasia."

"Hmm? It's not like that.. It's just.. Uh-.."

"As Robinhood's fated woman, I bet no-one knows him more as I do.. "

Marian started in a low narrating manner to me her silent listener.

"You see, though our storylines say we met at the age of twenties, I have known Robinhood from the time he first came to the Fairytale Kingdom from the boonies.

Then Robinhood, as a kid had lost everything he had ever loved. His family, his friends, his home,.. his hope.. And, there was nothing that could comfort him and the rest of the refugees of the war, that was attempted by King Charming to expand Fairytale.

Being left all alone with no-one to call his own, he soon found his current best pals, the Merrymen among those refugee kids. They were all like him abandoned and hopeless. And, Robinhood single handledly took the responsibility to bring them all to better shape through his positive energy..."

I didn't look at her nor did I raise my head. But, I just couldn't help but, think..

I-Is this why Robinhood almost always stays positive in all situations..? I wonder..

Hearing my attentive guesture, Marian got closer to me and with a sigh as though she was recalling things she continued.

"So, At that time, Robinhood had to ignore the negative and bad things that were happening around him just to survive. And, his positivity worked wonders to the people around him.

But, soon... this attitude of his, become a mental syndrome through the years when, he started ignoring even the basic responsiblities he must take by being serious at least once in his life and led him to a state where he deliberately ignores the painful realities of this world.."

My eyes widened and I suddenly looked up to her.

Robinhood actually had a strange phycological problem like that..?

I was very surprised about this.

But, if I think more about it, I can tell she's right ..by the way, he ignored his disharmony with Lord Rumple, how he didn't care about mending his relationship with Lady Marian and.. Even the way he personally behaved to me, all along...

It could be that Robinhood doesn't bother to look after me as a friend because, his mind hadn't even registered the fact that, I am suffering at school and do not like him, since it's not pleasent to hear...

My.. I can't believe this kind of situation at all..

Is this even possible..?

Can.. Can a person even exist like this on our world..?

But, whatever this all might be, after hearing this from Robinhood's girlfriend.. I.. I.. think I have come to understand him more than I did before..

And, if what Lady Marian had said was all true.. The easily excited, most loved, fun loving, flower boy of our Foxes house, isn't really living the harmonious life I had thought he lived at all..