Chapter 26: |Scandel Of The Century|

Unedited.

It all started like a perfectly normal in the morning.

The mock written exams we had for compensating the loss we had on the second session of the Hunting Tournaments were all done. And, I was glad I could wake up in the morning without the feeling of going through tiring two hours of the exam sessions.

"I am done!"

Alice ran next to me after adjusting her new pink canvas shoes and beamed a bright smile.

Alice and Merida strangely got quite close with me after the study session at our dorm along with Iracebeth. While Iracebeth stuck with her doubts and went home quickly after they were done, these two spend the rest of the time simply fooling around with me and stayed late nights.

I was very worried about how they would even pass with this kind of behaviour, especially Merida. But, they commented yesterday that they had slayed all their exams successfully and thanked me. I guess, that must do for them.

"Sorry for the late, Rottenstien. My clothes got wet yesterday due to last night showers. The magic heater room was crowded all this while and then I bumped into Emily who just couldn't stop talking to me.. And ...."

Alice poured a few more reasons to why she made me wait for so long like a fountain and apologized bitterly.

"I am sorry for making you late.. Ugh. I am really a miserable person."

I chuckled and smiled at her.

Watching her complaining reminded me of Bluebeard's chipmunk eating his nuts.

"It's okay, Lindell. Last night's showers were unexpected. And, waiting on a big queue.. To get your clothes done.. It could happen to anyone.." I told her.

Alice immediately looked at me like she was watching a saint. Her short self abruptly pouched on me and I felt a warm embrace cover my arms.

"Rottenstien-chan.. You are seriously an angel..!"

Her voice was very weary almost like she was crying.

"Just where were you all my life!!!?"

I sighed and patted her head.

"There. There. I know, it must have been a hard morning."

I know, she was just saying. So, I went along with her drama.

It's ironic as I was with her for almost half an year.

Alice have really become more bright, sweet and cute since I helped her deliver the letter that day.

"Come to think, didn't you get your uniform done..? I am sure you must have received them by now.."

Alice pondered rubbing her chin while we walked to school.

"Um.. Yeah.. I must talk about it with Ms Candice.."

I told her.

I guess, though I have been studying her for a while now. The school still does not recognise me as an official student probably because I am a villainess who entered the school through scholarship.

"Yes, yes. You must."

Alice nodded her head but, then suddenly out in the blue, pulled my face down to much her height, examined me and touched something on the back of my head.

I blinked in confusion.

"Hmm.. I thought so. A worn out almost tattered hair band." She said and pulled it out.