Chapter 48: |Robinhood's Ex-Girlfriend|

"Damn.. But, Rottenstein-samma,..Isn't this all too much? How could you not know this basic information that his majesty has been critically ill for a long time..? A-Aren't you the girl h-he loves..?"

Gerold's obviously didn't know.
But, his words subconsciously hit straight to my heart and guilt almost immediately suffocated my breath then.

I.. I was the woman he loves... And, he was the lad I was practically obsessed with...

And, yet.. I did not know a thing about him.

I wanted him to understand me though I refused to say him anything. But... did I ever try to understand Zeno's circumstances..?

No. I never did that.

I never once tried looking things through his perspective.

T-The guy I love was dying..

And, I didn't know nor could I do anything about it..

I simply didn't care to know.

I simply lashed him out with all my anger.

Tears drolled from my eyes as the skies darkened and the thunders cracked behind both, me and the pink haired young guard standing by my side.

It wasn't long before showers of rain poured down from the heavens.

It.. It.. was not him who has been insensitive, selfish and narrow minded.

It was all me. It was all just me.

I did this.

I did this to Zeno..

And.. A-And..

I slowly got up and looked at Gerold who was still waiting for me to take me home with tear swollen eyes.

I.. I..

I.. can't bear this heartache any longer..

I sobbed wiping my overwhelming tears and I belligerently push the gentleman away before running away from this place.

"Rottenstein-san!!!!?! Stop!!"

Gerold shocked at all this, cried abruptly following after me, quickly.

And, being a really skilled member of Zeno's special Squads, he successfully managed grabbing my wrist.

But, at that time, I suddenly felt a strange yet incredibly overwhelming black mana being released around my body.

And, the initially light push, I intended to Gerold, unexpectedly became abnormally stronger and blasted the lad to the wall.

Giant tears rolled down my eyes as I looked at him in stupor.

"GEROLD!!.."

As, I rushed closer to him Gerold puked blood at his devastated fall. And, that, image subconsciously replaced the horrible scene of the sick Zeno from the restaurant.

"R-Rottenstein.. s-samma.. "

Gerold squeaked on his fallen state.

My pupils pierced in benumb and more black mana leaked from my body alarmingly, once again.

It's.. It's happening again..

Just like how it did at the dorm..

I staggered steps back simulatanously feeling fear, pain and agony filling each part of my heart.

"S-S-Stay away from me!!! "

I screamed and ran into the rain with a broken heart, in order to not hurt him more.