Chapter 33:|It's A Win-Win Game If You Lose(1)|

"Gracie! "

I cried to the young maid aquaintance walking out from the dorm's entrance in outdoor clothes.

She was wearing a long green poofy gown with a fancy hat. She held a suitcase on her gloved arms and by her light makeup and unusual appearance, we could tell she was gonna go somewhere far with her luggage.

"Where are you-"

"I am returning home, Madame Rottenstein.. "

Gracie said with a small smile answering my intended question.

When I looked surprised at her words she continued.

"I was sent here to send information about your welfare to his majesty, Milady. And, since I have noticed that you are well and 'the Spring holidays' are approching soon, I thought it would be best to return to The Blue Castle with my family.. E-Em.. Friends.. "

Gracie confessed and I noticed her unintentional slip in words.

She said family instead of friends..

Ha, I bet, Zeno's mansion really is like her home. Especially since I knew many of the workers there, like Gracie were orphans and the destitutes whom Zeno has saved, then.

Kuro once told me, the members of Zeno's squads and the maids and men-servants were all once the most poorest and helpless people in the kingdom. As a little helpless kid himself, Zeno had always had a kind heart to help the people like him and that was the reason why no-one by his side never leaves him nor forsake their pledge of loyalty at all costs.

It was their way of being grateful to their savior. And, I have heard neither has he, ever betrayed people on his side.

The pretty boy was a guy like that.

Gracie sure is one lucky girl to always be with him at his mansion even though she's simply a maid..

It has just been a few weeks since I have found Gracie. But, honestly she was a blessing on this dorm. Though the dormlady, Madam Sarah was with us too, there was a huge unavoidable age-gap between us and I knew, she just couldn't compitable as Gracie, here.

Either being it, going out to buy stuff in the market, helping me clean my own room, mocking about the treading gossips around the dorm and the town and.. sneaking in sweets that were made for the higher class students and giving them to me.

She really did fill the role, my roommate, Alice Lindell would have if she was on good terms with me. And, With Gracie around, the ill feeling of Alice ignoring had almost turned non-existant.

But, now.. this youngster was actually leaving me and returning home where she belongs..

I bit my lips.

The thought upset me gravely and I guess my face openly gave away those feelings because the next thing Gracie did was, hold my hands and clenched it.

"Hey.. Hey.. What's with that look..? It's not like I am going forever, miss.. I will be back if his majesty allows me. And, besides if things go well between the two of you.. We could actually see each other every day in the mansion.."

Though Gracie didn't say it directly probably because of her etiquette as a maid that tells her 'to not be informal as it could turn out as rude', I could easily understand what this naughty girl meant.

I pouted with my light lipstick coated lips.

"Hmmp! Stop teasing me.. "

Gracie laughed at my expression and then gave me a hug.