Chapter 20: |The Cave Of Amoura (3)|

"I don't know myself.." Zeno confessed. "He just pisses me off for no reason."

"Aha, aha. It hurts. My back hurts. I am not exaggerating you two. I really what someone to get me out of this horrible cave.."

The young god wailed from our behind.

Zeno had already positioned him beside the cave's wall so that he can lean on it after healing the wounds he had got while stopping the Puppetire. But, while wailing in such a manner the hasty god tried approaching us with his already weak body where his spine, legs and arms were numb and useless.

Like expected the god fell frantically on the ground just at the attempt.

"Can't you wait for a while and just leave when you get healed..?"

I asked the dramatic god after helping him up.

"Unfortunately. I cannot, miss. I have been cursed for a while now. I cannot leave the cave until someone aids me out. I was barely able to move my body by crawling earlier. And, after fighting with that little girl. I really cannot move a muscle.." He replied.

"You are cursed? But, why?.." I asked him feeling quite sorry.

"They said I failed my job due to some personal feelings.."

There was a strange sense of seriousness on his energetic voice

"A certain mean oba-san(old lady) actually locked me here on this cave for quite a long time because of that. And, I can never get away from here unless someone helps me out. But, as you know the cave got trapped on this dimension. It has been centu-.. years since someone passed here."

"Oh.. That sounds ..really awful." I commented remorsefully.

Zeno who was observing us along now had a dynamic change in expression just at that. As though he could predict what I was gonna say to him, he raised his hand and waved in dismay.

"No. No. No..! Do Not Do Th-"

"Zeno, we must help him somehow.."

I finished uttering the formidable words Zeno wanted me to stop earlier. He placed his palm on his face in misery and grumbled.

"I knew you'd be like this."

He suck back insulted.

The god brightened at our interaction. To his pleasure, it seemed my comment instantly broke the seriousness in him as he then cried dramatically.

"..Adventurers, Art thou hear me! This is the true tragical story of how this man with great charisma, sovereign and honour was trapped inside this cold, dark, empty and lonely cave to suffer. While you all walk, I stay here immobile, while you see the light I am stuck in this darkness.."

This..

I just said we would help him.

So, why is this idiot acting like this..?

My eyes narrowed.

Zeno totally ignored the god's blabber and asked me.

"And, how are you gonna do that oh-so-stupidly benevolent, milady..? You can no longer create anything like a cradle with threads since your mana's already drained from last battle, remember?"

There was sarcasm on his tone.

"Ah.."

I recalled only then.

I was still thinking what we could do to help this poor god when the certain deity in the question suddenly said.

"Then, you can just carry me on your back like I am one year old kid."