1: New Beginnings 

Isabella

I have been driving around looking for a new place all morning. Five open houses later and I'm basically still homeless and ready to give up for the day. My mom told me she didn't mind me staying with her but I know her boyfriend is getting fed up with me staying with them.

Either way, I had to become my own person and get my own place soon.

Anyways, I decided to check out just one more apartment and I really liked this one. This one felt good, it felt like me.

And even though there were groups of much more qualified clients looking to rent this place, I decided to look around. It was perfect and I have already fallen in love with the place. It's not too much or too little. There are two bedrooms with a bathroom in each, a guest bathroom, and a small balcony. The kitchen was beautiful and the living room was even more perfect. This apartment was incredibly modern and I loved it.

Before even knowing if I would get the place or not I had started planning how I would decorate and where I would put everything.

"Are you going to actually apply or just stare at the walls some more?" I turned to see a tall handsome man to my left. The sarcasm in his voice was obvious but I laughed anyway.

"I'm sorry, I just really loved the place." He gave me a blank stare. "I was already planning where everything would go." I laughed nervously hoping he would just walk away.

"Bold of you to assume you would get the apartment in the first place don't you think?"

I nodded in agreement. "Is it bold of me to hope I would get the apartment?"

His eyebrows raised in curiosity but I couldn't read him. He looked interesting. He sparked my curiosity but also gave off huge red flag signs.

"How rude am I?" I held out my hand for him to shake, "my name is Isabella."

"Damien." He said completely rejecting me even though he looked directly at my hand. Must be a germaphobe or something.

"You looking to rent too or are you just as hostile as you give off that you are?"

My question made him chuckle and finally for a split second, I saw his smile. It was pretty. He should probably smile more.

"Sweetheart," he turned to face me giving me an expression with pity laced all over his face, "I own this complex." In all my years of living, I have never felt more embarrassed than I do right now. He shook his head after seeing my face get as red as a tomato before I noticed he looked my body up and down. "Follow me."

Damien started giving me a tour of the whole place even though I had already given myself one three times over.

The last place he took me into was the master bedroom where he shut the door behind us. I flinched a little confused as to why he shut the door.

Oh my god, what if he wants to threaten me for being so clueless before?

I watched him as he walked towards me; his lips were moving but no sound followed. He stopped with confused eyes and his furrowed brows when my back hit the wall behind me.

"You still want this apartment?" He asked from a distance. A small one but there was a distance between us. He quickly closed the gap between us and grabbed my chin lightly before I pulled away and walked around him.

"I really want this apartment but not quite enough to entertain you." I was so disgusted right now.

"I wasn't trying to get you to entertain me, Isabella."

"You were literally this close to me," I said holding up my fingers pressed together trying to show how close he was to me "and you grabbed my chin all gently and shit."

"If I wanted your entertainment, trust me, being gentle would be the last thing on my mind." He laughed as I stood there embarrassed and red. I just can't quit embarrassing myself today, can I? "You can have the apartment, you just need to fill out some paperwork and give a down payment and you're all set." He walked out of the room and I followed behind him still very confused.

"Are you serious?"

"No, it's a prank and there are cameras set up around the whole place." I hesitantly looked around to see if he was joking.

"Literally thank you so much!" I squealed noticing all the disappointed looks from the other clients. "And sorry I said you were hostile and trying to get into my pants." Damien was looking just about ready to take back this apartment. "I'll stop talking now."

"Good idea."

• The monthly rent of 950 a month will be due by the end of every month.
• Access to the complex pool, store, gym and theatre will be closed after 8:30 p.m each night with the exception of two extra hours on weekends.
• Pets are allowed as long as they are signed into your contract or notified about in the front office.
• No loud music, T.V, etc. past 8 p.m.
• Visitors need to sign in and out at the front office.

I was so excited to get to move in. This place must be expensive to manage and I was honestly surprised my rent wasn't higher. My budget was $1500 but I will make no complaints about $950 a month

———
These are the vibes you would get from Isabella's new apartment.

———This is the end of the very first chapter of "His Princess" and I hope every single one of you guys enjoyed reading this chapter

———
This is the end of the very first chapter of "His Princess" and I hope every single one of you guys enjoyed reading this chapter. I hope you will come back to continue reading, maybe even finish the book.

I am so grateful for each and every one of you guys who have taken the time out of your day to read my work.

✅ Completed and Edited
———