39: Now

Isabella

I woke up and Damien wasn't in bed with me. I groaned and went to go wake up Jackson, but he also wasn't in bed.

I went downstairs and saw all three boys in the kitchen. "Morning babe! I'm making omelets!" He told me. I smiled. He's so sweet. I went over to help him but he insisted I just sit down with Jackson and Marco and wait.

"But you suck at cooking!" I heard a gasp from Marco.

"He is one of the best cooks I've ever met!" He says dramatically. I laugh and Damien looks at me from the side and smirks like

"I told you." I laugh and go with the boys.

"I got way better at cooking these past 2 years. I took cooking classes." He admitted. I almost spit my water out and by the looks of it, Marco did too.

"You? Took cooking classes?" He nodded. And I clapped in congratulations.

We all ate and it was pretty good. I was surprised. After we finished I turned serious. "Okay boys, I have to go talk to Jackson real quick and then I'm going to head over to my mom's house." They nodded and I took Jackson upstairs to the room he stayed in last night.

I sat him on the bed while I sat in front of him. "Okay Superman, mommy is going to tell you something." He claps his hands.

"I like knowing things!" He smiled. I pull his hands down.

"It might be a little sad okay, but I want you to know that I will always be here for you and that it's going to be okay, ok?" He nodded his head and looked focused on me.

"Remember how I told you we were coming to visit Damien in Miami?"

He smiled, "Yes Mommy I like Damien!" I smile happy that he feels that way.

"Well, we came here to live... with Damien's baby." He looks excited but confused.

"What bout Daddy?" He asks. And this was going to be the hardest for him to understand.

"I'm going to tell you a story okay?" I didn't know what to say. How do you tell your 2-year-old son that he won't see his dad again because we left him after he abused me for years?

"Daddy wasn't the nicest man, so he had to go away for a while. Me and him are no longer together and I am now with Damien, but your daddy loves you so so much!" He starts to tear up. He pouts making me start to tear up.

"No see Daddy?" He asks.

"No see Daddy no more Superman."

He jumps into my arms and continues to cry. "Baby, we have to go see grandma! I'll get you any flavor of ice cream you want on the way!" His head shot up and he began to wipe his tears. That was easier than I thought.

We both showered and brushed our teeth. We said bye to the boys before heading to my mom's house. She doesn't know I was here and I had to explain to her the same thing I explained to James' parents the day I left New York.

I pulled into the driveway, contemplating going in at all. I got out after about 10 minutes of grabbing Jackson. We both walked up to the door, and I was about to turn back around but Jackson started knocking on the door like a maniac. "Jackson! Calm down!" I whisper and shouted.