22: Rekindle

Isabella

I didn't know he was still standing there. I quickly turned away and put on a shirt. "It's nothing." I sat down on my bed hoping he would just go away but he didn't.

"Was this..." there was a stutter in his voice. "Was this James?" I looked into his eyes and could see the tears in his eyes. He then kneeled and hugged me. "I'm so sorry you went through this Isabella."

I used my hands to wipe his tears away. "What did he do to you?"

I choked on my words. "He choked me the day before I called you and he raped me hours before I called you." I finally said. He sighed angrily and pulled me to hug him tighter.

"I could kill him right now."

"H-He said you w-wouldn't believe me." I cried. He rubbed my head. "He said n-no one w-would."

He pulled me back just to pull me back in.

Damien

I was holding this fragile diamond in my arms while she cried and vented to me. I could kill James right now.

How could he do such a thing to this goddess? I cried with her for a bit. My sadness turned to anger. Anger towards him. "You're moving back in with me," I told her. She looked up at me shocked.

"W-What? But.." I cut her off.

"No buts princess, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. I will go get all of your belongings from James' house tomorrow." She stayed quiet.

It made me smile that she still had some tendencies to act the way she used to when she was all mine.

As much as I wanted that back, I also wanted her to heal and focus on herself. She was not her best self right now and I now understand why.

I moved us to the couch and put on some tv. She was cuddling into my chest. I thought she had fallen asleep so I turned off the screen.

"Damien?" She called me quietly.

"wassup, princess?" She looked up at me with a weird expression. "What?" I asked.

"wassup?" She mocked me. "You never say wassup." She made fun of me. I looked at her with a smile on my face.

"Oh yeah?" I asked her teasingly. And she nodded rapidly. I leaned in closer to her face and whispered, "And you never call me Damien." I smirked.

She shoved my chest away making me fall back while I laughed. I saw her face turn red. "Well, I might just continue calling you Damien for a loooooong while." She dragged on the long. I hit my hand up against my chest pretending to be hurt badly.

She giggled. I missed hearing her laugh. It was so cute.

I can't stop thinking about how someone could hurt someone like this.

I pulled her closer to me and closed my eyes. "Uh no." She said with sass while pushing herself up.

I look at her confused. "What princess?" I ask.

"You had your chance to fall asleep with me, and nowwww you've lost it." She smiled evilly.

What a tease. I laughed and she got off of me. She turned around to walk away and I slapped her ass. "Owwww!" She rubbed her butt in pain. I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

She started running towards the stairs and I noticed she had socks on my marble floor. "Princess watch out before you..." and she slipped before I could finish my warning. "...slip"

"I'm fine!" She stood up rubbing her elbow. I rolled my eyes at her childishness.

And with that, she disappeared.

I shook my head thinking of her silliness.
———
✅Completed and Edited