3: Phone Call

Isabella

I was woken up by my phone at around four in the morning. It was blowing up with messages from an unsaved phone number. I decided to ignore them until I started receiving phone calls. Defeated, I got out of bed and answered the call.

"Who the hell is this?" I answered.

"Good morning to you too."

"Damien?" I asked still in much confusion. "Why are you calling me so early?" I sighed. "Why are you calling me at all?" I get up from bed annoyed and walk to my kitchen starting up my coffee maker.

"I thought you might need a little reminder not to be late."

"Ha Ha, so funny." I rolled my eyes genuinely annoyed with this man right now. "Are you calling every single employee who was late yesterday, or just the ones you harass?"

"Just the ones I harass." I could hear the fucking smile in his voice.

"You are such a man."

"Whatever Isabella, you better be on time today and where something appropriate." He hung up before I could respond. That was such an unneeded phone call. I only ever dress appropriate and I have been on time this last month.

After drinking my coffee and having a small breakfast, I started getting ready for work. His little comment about dressing appropriately made me want to do the complete opposite.
———
✅ Completed and Edited