17: Crushed

Isabella

5 months later...

It has been five months since the last time I saw Damien and I was doing so much better now. I was happier and in a healthier relationship with James, Mr. James Gallen.

I started working for his company soon after I quit Luxuries Shipment. I wasn't working an assistant's job but the role I had still paid a lot of money.

Life was honestly going great for me. I had an amazing new job, with great pay, I found a new apartment and a boyfriend who shows me how much he loves and cares about me. No amount of Damien could ruin this for me.
——

"Hey, babe where are you?" I spoke into my phone looking for James.

"Look in front of you." I saw him and instantly ran up and jumped into his arms. "Hey, gorgeous!"

He just got back from a two-week trip and I missed him so much. We've only been together for three months but two weeks apart is too much already.

"I missed you so much!" I kissed him all over before we got into his car.

"How's my princess doing?"

"What?" I looked at him with a shocked expression and quickly covered it up.

"I said how are you doing."

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought I heard something else." I smiled at him. "I've been good but I'm better now! How about you? How was your trip?"

He stiffened up a bit and cleared his throat. "It was a good trip and I got a lot of work done." I brushed it off once he passed me the aux cord.

I smiled, "Oh, we are about to jam the fuck out, baby!"

I scroll through my playlist to see what song to play and clicked on one I haven't in a while.

"What song is it baby?" James asked me while driving.

"Rather Be by Clean Bandit!" We sang our hearts out to this song like it was the last time we will ever listen to it.

"Hey babe, where are we going?" I curiously asked him.

He turned left and said, "Well first I got to run a few errands starting with Luxuries Shipment, and then I'm going to take you to dinner." He smiled. But I didn't

"Luxuries shipment? Like where I used to work?" He nodded and I took in a deep breath as he pulled into the parking lot.

He turned off the car getting out. He opened my door for me but I didn't get out. "Can I wait for you in the car?" I asked. I didn't want to go in there. I didn't want to risk seeing, him.

"No baby, it's too hot and I don't want you to get sick, come on." He helped me out and we walked into the building straight into the lobby. I didn't see Rose at the front desk anymore.

Did she quit too or was she fired?

James pressed the button to the 15th floor. I got nervous but hopefully Jacob still works here.

He told me he got a new boyfriend and I wanted to hear all about it. "What do you need to do here babe?" I looked up at James. "I need to get Mr.Dalton's signature on some papers for the company." I shaped my mouth in an 'o' form saying ouuuu.