14: Work Mood

Isabella

5 months later

I woke up alone. Alone in my room but the house sounded suspiciously silent. I checked the time to see it was already nine in the morning.

"Fuck!" I shouted to myself jumping out of bed. I pulled Damien's shirt from last night over my naked warm body and then rushed down the stairs to the kitchen. Empty. "Where the fuck is he?" I asked myself.

"Language princess" a familiar voice came from behind me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Good morning" I smiled while walking towards his already-dressed body.

I have to admit, he looked hot as fuck in a suit. The way the sleeves of his jacket wrapped tightly around his muscular arms whenever he moved or flexed. How his collar points out his sharp and smooth jawline for the world to see and thirst over. And just the way his pants hugged his legs. Not tightly, but they make him look slightly taller than he already was.

"Like what you see?" I hear, pulling me from my thoughts. I look up at him and notice he's smirking down at me. Even his smile makes me melt in the palm of his hands.

"Maybe just a little but don't flatter yourself" I sarcastically reply to him winking with a smile and walking away.

"Oh, you woke up with jokes this morning didn't you princess?" He asked, and it was meant to be a question but I just giggled pulling out some things from the fridge.

He walks towards me and turned on the oven for me, making me smile and a bit annoyed. "Y-You don't have to do everything for me," I state and he gives me a sad frown. Ugh, I hate when he does that, it melts my heart. "Don't do that!" I reply to his reaction.

"Do what? I just like helping you princess" he makes the same face again and I smack his chest.

"Did you eat breakfast yet?" I questioned, to which he nodded his head no. "So, why are you all dressed up? We usually eat breakfast together then go to work" I claim.

"I know baby, it's just I got called in early this morning for a meeting, and by the time I got back you were up and wondering about looking for me" he explains but I can't help but feel uneasy as if he's leaving out some part of that story, but I forget about it and finish making our breakfast.

I set aside two plates, one for him and one for me. I put the hot food on the plates and begin making Damien's veggie smoothie and my strawberry smoothie while letting the food cool down a bit.

I look over at Damien and notice he's on the phone. He looks a bit upset but I can't hear what he's saying due to the loud commotion coming from my smoothie blender.

I see him sit down at the table after hanging up and running his long fingers through his short amber locks. "What's wrong sir?" I set down mine and his food and smoothie. 'French toast, eggs, and sausage' The sub in me was waking up.

"Nothing princess just work, let's eat this delicious breakfast you prepared for us, yeah?" He smiles at me and pecks my lips. I smile back and then notice he's staring at my smoothie.

"How come you get strawberries and I get spinach?" He arches an eyebrow at me. I look up connecting our eyes with my mouth full of food.