32: Confrontation

Isabella

I woke up at 6:00 AM just like every other morning.

I quietly got out of bed making sure not to wake James up. I headed towards the bathroom and rinsed my mouth. Then I went downstairs and started making the boys breakfast.

I made waffles and put little berries on top of them, and orange juice was to drink. I set the table for me and James, and then Jackson's high chair near us.

I ran back upstairs and woke Jackson up. I told him to rinse his mouth and wash his face while I went to go wake up his dad.

"James, wake up I made breakfast!" I shoved him a bit until he got up. I saw Jackson walking out of his room when I left mine and James'. He was yawning and scratching his head.

I picked him up and took him downstairs and put him in his chair. "Here baby, you get waffles with little berries and orange juice in your sippy cup."

I smiled at him. "my favorite!" He shouted. I nodded and he started to eat.

I chatted with Jackson until he and I both finished eating. James came down about 10 minutes later. He didn't even look at me. I had already finished cleaning the kitchen and both I and Jackson finished eating.

"James?" I called him. But he ignored me. I sighed and grabbed Jackson out of his high chair. "Come on Superman! Let's go bathe you." I carried him in a flying position which he enjoyed.

Before I even made it out of the kitchen James spoke up, "Where are you going?" He asked in a tone.

"Did you not just hear me tell Jackson I'm going to give him a bath?" I respond.

"I haven't finished eating." I laugh a little to myself.

"That's not my problem James, I woke you up almost 30 minutes ago and you came down about 10 after we finished eating and cleaning," I told him and he stood as if he was about to hit me but then noticed I was holding Jackson. "It's like you look for reasons to get upset with me." I scoff and walk upstairs.

While I'm giving Jackson a bath he points to my face in curiosity, "Mommy wut that on my face?". I stare at him confused and then I realized what he was talking about. Shit! I forgot to cover it up. "I fell yesterday after I put you to bed, baby, nothing serious." He 'ohs' and continues to let me bathe him.

James left to work at around 7:15 AM without saying anything to me and Jackson. Jackson was a bit sad that he didn't get to say bye to his father before he left.

We spent most of the day watching movies together in the living room. Around 6:30 PM, I start getting myself and Jacob ready for the party.

James was just going to come to pick us up at around 7:30.

I did my makeup making sure I covered the bruise on my face. I didn't know before but I also noticed bruises on my waists from all the squeezing he did to them.

I fixed up Jackson's hair and straightened out his suit. He smiled and posed as I took some pictures of him and sent them to my parents. "You look adorable baby!" I bumped his nose and he giggled.

James: I'm outside.

"Come on Jackson, daddy is here to pick us up!" He gets up and I notice he started sulking. I kneel and hold his face in my hands gently. "What wrong baby?" He sighs dramatically.