27: Realization Set In

Isabella

Rose wasn't at the coffee shop when I got there, so I decided to order myself a lemonade. I scrolled through some online stores online and began shopping for baby boy clothes.

I got bored and moved on to my camera roll. I smiled remembering mine and Damien's moment in his office just a few minutes ago. I go to my gallery and click on the video to watch it. I smile watching us dance in pure happiness.

I laughed and started to text Damien to update him on my whereabouts. He tends to worry. Before I could send the message I heard someone speak.

"What's so funny?" A voice I haven't heard in a long time asked me. I froze in place refusing to look up. Then I heard someone sit at the booth I was in. "Are you not going to look at me, Isabella?" I ignored him. "Would be a shame if our son never knew his father wouldn't it?" My head shot up.

I only felt anger. "Don't talk about my son!" I shouted but not loud enough for anyone around us to hear. He only laughed. There was seriously something wrong with him.

I got up and started to walk toward the door when he pulled me back by my wrist. He stood in front of me, holding pulling my body closer to his but in an intimidating manner. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Isabella." He threatened me. I stared into his eyes showing anger as my chest rose up and down.

"James," I looked up at him. "We are over and there is nothing you could do about it."

"You don't get to decide when we're over, I do." He mocked me. "And we're not over."

He pushed me back into my seat lightly. "Rose tells me, all these months that you've been happy and enjoying your time with Damien and your friends," he said as if he was leading to a point. "Where have your parents been?" He asked me.

I laughed. He thinks I've disowned them or they disowned me. But that's not the case. I smiled confidently, "They're on a 5 mo.." he cut me off.

"On a 5-month vacation in which they decided to cut contact with everyone to get away from the world for a while" my smile faded. How does he know that? "That doesn't sound like your parents does it?" He asked me.

I became worried. He started smiling at my realization. I banged on the booth table. "Where the hell are my parents James!?" I shouted earning a few stares. "Don't you want to know how I knew you were here first?" I sighed.

"It's not that hard to know that it was Rose."

"She's the one that told me that you were pregnant with my baby, and she told me earlier today that it was a boy!" He clapped his hands. "That girl has it out for you, she's been trying to get rid of you so she could have Damien all to herself, she's extremely petty if you think about it." He stuffed his mouth with some muffins.

I stormed out of the cafe and stopped in front of a random store a few blocks down, to catch my breath. I can't do this. The stress can hurt my baby. But he has my parents, and no one realized it for months now.

Did he hurt them? Are they okay? Are they in pain? All these thoughts started flooding my mind.

"Get in the car and I'll take you to see your parents Isabella." James pulled up in his car next to me in the street. I scoffed.