Chapter 25: Shock

My heart was pounding as I tiptoed along the walls of Adrien's house. If I got caught snooping around, it'd be the end of Adrien and me. Gabriel Agreste will make sure of it.

Adrien had only shown me around the place once and there was too much to remember. However, there was one place that stuck to me the most: Gabriel's atelier.

The day we explored the house Adrien and I passed by it. When I asked what it was like inside a designer's studio and Adrien was about to show me, Nathalie magically appeared and said it was off limits to guests. Even Adrien was caught off guard. He kept trying to say that it was fine, but Nathalie made sure we didn't go in. Eventually, we both walked away to another part of the house.

If there were secrets being hidden, the atelier would be where to find answers. Nathalie seemed to confirm my suspicions of it that day.

I got to the stairs leading to the front door and stopped at the top to look at the portrait of Gabriel and Adrien on the wall.

The pit in my stomach grew. I felt so guilty to snoop behind Adrien's back like this, but uncovering Hawk Moth's identity was major.

The front door opened behind me, making me leap for cover behind the stairs. I peeked through the railing cracks and saw Nathalie rushing in. She shook off an umbrella in her hand and quickly rushed into Gabriel's atelier.

I tiptoed down the stairs, hoping that no one would come through the door and see me. Once I approached the big door and pressed my ear against it. It sounded quiet, no voices breaking through.

I took a deep breath and pressed harder against the door like it would help me hear better. A door opening behind me snapped me out of my focus. I threw myself into the studio in fear. My hands were balled up in tight fists, ready to fight whoever came at me.

There was only one thing: Nobody was in here with me. I swear Nathalie came through here, so where did she go? I dropped my fists and opened the door a crack to see who came through the front door. It was Adrien's bodyguard, who was walking up the stairs. I guess he didn't see me.

I closed the door as carefully as I could, then turned to look around. The black and white room took me by surprise. It looked so clean, and well, rich looking.

What caught my attention was a painting on the wall. It was beautiful and so was the woman in it. I looked closer, realizing it was Adrien's mother. Adrien and her looked so beautifully similar. My heart dropped sadly. He never did tell me what happened to his mom. Was it that horrible?

I turned away, remembering that I was on a mission. Clues, I need clues. My brain started to send me to spots in the room that might have information, but everywhere I looked was a dead end. There was nothing in here that could prove Gabriel was Hawk Moth.

But I saw Nathalie come through the door and now she's gone. That has to mean there's something I'm missing.

Behind me, I heard something opening. I turned and saw the floor opening up. My face lit up in shock. I quickly ran to the door and glanced back at the hole in the floor. The streak of red hair coming through was enough to send me flying out the room.

"Hey! What are you doing in here?! Who are you?! Come back now!" Nathalie angrily yelled behind me. I shielded my face and ran for the front door.

"Grab her! What are you doing standing there?!" Nathalie yelled to the bodyguard. I threw myself through the front door and was met with pouring rain. Lightning struck across the sky angrily.

My escape was useless. The gates were locked and I was trapped. I kept my face covered with my arms and let the rain slap against me.

"You're not going anywhere!" Nathalie yelled behind me. I didn't look at her. Didn't let her have the chance of seeing it was Adrien's best friend who discovered her and Gabriel's secret.

"She's going far away from here actually!" A male voice said as I was swooped off the ground. I knew it was Cat Noir as soon as I heard him.

I was being carried away from Adrien's house, but I had no clue where to. We were going so fast and all I could do was shut my eyes.

Once we stopped, Cat Noir put me down and crossed his arms. His hair was stuck to his face and rain was dripping down his body. I'd tell him he looks super hot... if I wasn't in trouble.

"What did you do?" Cat Noir asked, trying to be as patient as possible in the pouring rain.

"I had to use the bathroom and Nathalie saw me..?" I lied. Cat Noir's face dropped in disappointment.

"I have a bathroom in my room. How did you get out the front door?" He questioned again, taking a small step towards me. I remained silent.

"I ran-?"

"You always do the opposite of what I say. And I'm just telling you for your safety." Cat Noir continued as he cut me off. His voice raised slightly. We both didn't notice the rain slowing around us.

"I do what you say!" I snapped back. My arms were now crossed, copying Cat Noir's.

"Y/N, I always end up saving you because you don't do what I say." He said, not yelling but clearly getting ready to burst.

"Tell me to do something right now then!" I egged him on, not realizing what power I gave him.

"Be my girlfriend! Can you please do that?!" Cat Noir finally let out. My eyes widened. He was frozen, I was frozen. We were both in a state of shock.

The rain around us had come to a stop and the clouds began opening up. Cat Noir was red and his mouth was hanging open. We blinked at each other, clearly unsure of what to do next.

"I can." I forced out, still frozen in place. My happiness was shrouded by utter shock. Never did I think Adrien had it in him. Cat Noir really did make him feel different, huh..

"Uh..?" A voice said to the side of us. Both Cat Noir and I's heads snapped in the direction of the voice. Standing there, witnessing it all, was a very confused Ladybug.

Maybe this was all a dream.