Chapter 7: Stay Put

*Adrien's P.O.V.*

I looked outside my window and saw it, what Y/N looked so panicked over. There was a plume of smoke coming from a building. A person in a silver and dark blue metal suit was flying above it, metal wings that looked frightening were attached to them. They held something in their hand.

"I have to go find my father and make sure he's okay!" I said making an excuse to go. Y/N looked at me like I was crazy.

"Adrien! Stay here where it's safe! Ladybug and Cat Noir will take care of it." Y/N said worriedly. They won't if I don't leave now.

"You stay here and hide in my room. Do not leave and when I find out where my dad is I'll come back and get you." I hurried to the door and Y/N followed behind.

"Y/N, please. Stay put." I said grabbing her wrist. She looked sad and her face was full of fear. Despite how much I know she wanted to protest against me, she didn't. Her eyes fell and she took a step back, allowing me to go.

Immediately, I took off. I made my way downstairs, careful to avoid anyone catching me leaving. I ran out the gates and hid somewhere I could transform. Plagg poked out of my pocket. He was about to pop a piece of cheese in his mouth, but I quickly stopped him.

"Plagg, claws out!"

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

I looked at the ground and took a step back, watching as Adrien hurried out of the room. Once he was gone, I furrowed my eyebrows and clenched my fist.

"I will not stay put." I said with determination. I was going to find Adrien and help make sure his dad was okay. I may not have powers or a cool hero suit, but I won't let it stop me from helping others.

I ran out the door and out of Adrien's mansion. I made it to the street and saw people running away from the villain. It was chaos. There were people trapped in a car that got flipped upside down. I ran past citizens as they sought shelter. I went to the vehicle and ducked, yanking the door open. There was a woman and a child crying inside.

"I got you!" I yelled over the commotion. "Hurry, we don't have time. I need you both to carefully unbuckle your seat belts and I will help you out. Be careful." I said reaching in and assisting the child first.

Once I had the child safely beside me, I helped her mother. I reassured the crying girl and carefully pulled out the woman. She grabbed her child and held on tight.

"Run and hide. Don't stop and don't look back. Get to safety!" The mother nodded and thanked me quickly before running off.

As I was about to move, the car flew to the side. I looked up and saw the big metal person. In their hand was a blueprint paper.

"I am The Arch Angel! Nobody will ever disrespect my architecture, my HARD WORK, nor me ever again!" He scribbled something down on the blueprint and the ground started to shake beneath me.

Four elaborately made pillars formed from the ground and metal bars connected all around it. Below me a platform was created. Carved into the floor was a design that depicted Arch Angel in a palace on a throne, with Ladybug and Cat Noir in chains as Hawk Moth was about to steal their Miraculous. It was like an intricate jail cell with me inside to display Arch Angel's craft.

I began to bang on the metal about to yell for help when something struck the akumatized man in the head.

"Let her go!" A voice demanded. I turned and saw Ladybug and Cat Noir standing in defensive positions side by side. I smiled at Cat Noir, silently thanking him. He didn't return the smile. In fact, he looked angry at me.

"You are not in control!" Arch Angel yelled as he began writing on the blueprint.

"Quick! The Akuma is in there! We need to destroy that paper!" Ladybug said as she jumped at Arch Angel.

"Please! My friend Adrien! He ran out here and I think he's in trouble!" I said clutching the metal bars. Ladybug hesitated and her face fell as chunks of concrete flew at her and Cat Noir. She barely missed one, earning a scratch on her arm. Cat Noir tried his best to protect me, but Ladybug didn't really care in making sure I was safe, only striking the pieces if she indeed had to. Her focus shifted and she was fighting back quick.

Ladybug ran behind Arch Angel and used her lucky charm quickly. Cat Noir distracted him while she worked her magic.

"Now, Cat!" She yelled. Cat Noir smiled and leaned forward.

"Cataclysm!" He called out as he placed his hands on the metal wings. The metal wings turned to dust as Cat Noir touched them. Arch Angel dropped and Ladybug seized the moment to grab the blueprint paper. She tore it into two and a dark butterfly flew out.

"No more evil doing for you, little akuma." She said as she captured it. Once it was back to normal, she threw up her yo-yo. "Miraculous Ladybug!"

My cage disappeared and the world around us began to fix itself. I smiled and looked at the two heroes. They both looked disappointed with me.

"What you did was reckless. You could've gotten hurt, or gotten someone else hurt." Ladybug said as she crossed her arms.

"I couldn't just stay put and do nothing! There were people in trouble! Adrien told me to stay put and I couldn't!"

"Well you aren't like us! You aren't a superhero!" She huffed in pure anger. Cat Noir looked at her with a surprised face. She sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "I'm going to find your friend." She said coldly, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Leave saving people to us." Ladybug turned and grappled away using her yo-yo.

I was almost in tears from her words. I looked up at Cat Noir and watched as he approached me.

"You should've stayed put." He said as he pressed his gloved hand to my cheek. I was about to burst into tears, when he pulled me close and hugged me. I melted into him and held on tight. His hand caressed my head and he whispered.

"But... you're a hero to me."