Chapter 22: Amazingly Awesome

Adrien and I were inside his room, awkwardly staring at the floor. He was sitting at his piano. I was sitting at his desk. We both didn't know what to say, but I had a lot of questions.

"Why weren't you answering me?" I asked. Adrien nervously played a few keys.

"Well... I didn't know what to say to you. You weren't ever supposed to know." Adrien said. He frowned slightly. "How did you know?"

"I was in a weird state of akumatization, but not?" I replied, unsure how to put it. "You see, I was technically akumatized, meaning I still had powers. However, I was out of Hawk Moth's control, so he couldn't tap into my brain and see you like I did."

Adrien nodded his head slowly. Still confused, no doubt.

"So, if people find out about you, what happens?" I asked.

"I'd be in a lot of danger. Hawk Moth would come after me, I'd probably get my miraculous taken away, and I'd lose the best job ever: Protecting Paris." He responded with no hesitation.

"Okay, another question: Why did you act so different as Cat Noir?" I questioned, leaning forward like I was interrogating the boy. Adrien's face turned red and he scratched his head.

"Everyone sees me as an Agreste. Refined, rich son of Gabriel Agreste. I'm still just a normal teenager, though. Being Cat Noir lets me be who really I am with no worries," Adrien answered. "And.. I get to spend more time with this girl I really like." He added quietly.

My face turned red when I heard the last part. He meant me. Had to have meant me. Unless..

"Sooo... Who was that girl with you?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs while spinning in Adrien's chair. Adrien shot me a sideways smile.

"Do you mean Kagami? She's a friend of mine. She's great at fencing." Adrien said, getting up from his piano. I nodded and spun around, turning my face from him.

"She's great at fencing.." I mimicked to myself as quiet as possible. I shouldn't be jealous. I'm not jealous. They're just friends.

A pair of hands grabbed my shoulders. I jumped slightly, but turned to see Adrien's smirking face. I smiled back nervously.

"I have someone I want you to meet." Adrien said. I tilted my head, confused. I stood up from my seat. Adrien took out a piece of cheese from his mini fridge and waved it in the air. I made a face at the smell of it. Adrien laughed.

A little black creature appeared from behind the piano and floated its way over to Adrien's hand. I was in shock.

"Mmm... Camembert, my favorite." The little creature said grabbing the cheese.

"Y/N, this is Plagg." Adrien smiled. Plagg was stuffing his face with cheese when saw me. He took a big gulp. I waved hello slowly.

"This is your kwami.." I said in awe. Plagg flew around, observing me.

"I'm easy on the eyes, huh? Hey! I know you! You're the girl that tripped over me! And the girl Adrien brought home after we thought you were dead. And the girl Adrien always talks ab-!"

"Plagg!" Adrien interrupted. Plagg shrugged and finished his cheese with a big smile on his face.

"Adrien, you know it's not polite to interrupt others." Plagg said as he surveyed me some more. "Especially if it's your amazingly awesome kwami."

I covered my mouth as I laughed. Adrien rolled his eyes and Plagg returned to his side.

"Yeah, Adrien. We should let your cute and amazingly awesome kwami speak." I teased. Plagg smiled and hid behind his tail.

"You flatter me." Plagg batted his eyes. "I like this one over the others, Adrien."

Adrien and I's eyes widened at the comment.

"There's others?" I said crossing my arms. Adrien turned red again.

"No! There's no one else. I just know a lot of girls." Adrien quickly clarified. I frowned.

"I mean, they're all friends Plagg has just seen before, but-!"

"Dude, you're embarrassing yourself in front of your girlfriend." Plagg said, now interrupting Adrien.

"We're not dating." Adrien and I said in unison. My face was burning and Adrien was hiding his face from me. Plagg flew around the both of us.

"Right, and I'm not a magical flying cat that gives someone powers." Plagg said sarcastically. Adrien grabbed Plagg's tail and whispered something to the kwami.

"Deal. If you need me, you know where to find me." Plagg said, floating right into the mini fridge.

I cleared my throat. Adrien turned to me. I could see the red dusted across his face.

"Excuse him. He doesn't know how to talk to people," Adrien said. "I can't believe he called you my girlfriend. You, my girlfriend. That's crazy..."

"Yeah, crazy. Like I'd ever be your girlfriend.." I laughed, trying to conceal the hurt I felt. Adrien's face fell. He walked back to the piano and sat down. I followed and sat beside him.

"You wouldn't ever be my girlfriend?" He said, looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Well, it's not that I wouldn't. I just don't think you'd consider me when there's other girls, you know?" I touched the piano keys with the tips of my fingers. Adrien stared at my fingers with furrowed brows.

"No, I don't know. Why would I consider other girls when there's you?" Adrien asked while placing his fingers on the keys near mine.

I turned to Adrien slowly. He was now looking at me in a way I'd never noticed before. His face was full of love.

"You make me consider having a girlfriend." Adrien said, moving his hand towards mine until he fully held it.

"But do you really want one?" I asked.

"I want you." Adrien whispered, leaning in towards me. I felt myself leaning towards him.

Now it was clear to me. Adrien never hid the fact that he was flirting with me. Being Cat Noir just allowed him to do the things I'd never expect from regular Adrien.

Except, here was regular Adrien and me, sitting at his piano and talking about dating.

It was always Adrien. I didn't fall for two people. I fell for an amazingly awesome guy.

Who just happened to be an amazingly awesome kisser.