Accidental Magic (Part One of The Fox and The Wolf Series) (Mature Content)

Stale here coming at you with another three part series!! Yay!!!! Nothing more to say except hope you enjoy it! 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        “Please, Derek. All I'm going to do is make you go from one side of the room to the other.” Cora begs, and Derek doesn't even look up from his laptop before he answers.

“No, Cora.” Derek says, and he hears his little sister's huff of indignation. Derek stops typing to look up at his sister, and she is pouting at him. Derek tries not to let her sway his choice, but he feels himself waver. Cora was in training to be the new emissary of the Hale pack, which was just Derek and her at the moment due to the unfortunate circumstances of the fire that killed his entire family, and she claimed that she needed practice.

Cora had always liked magic, even when their parents were alive, so naturally she became the emissary for the pack. It was rare for a wolf to be the emissary, but not unheard of. Derek closes his laptop with a snap, and narrows his eyes at her. “How long have you been practicing this spell?” Derek asks her, and she puts her hands on her hips while giving him a look of innocence.

“For a while. I sent Duke into the living room from my bedroom.” Cora says, and Derek frowns at her.

“What did I say about using magic on my dog?” Derek tells her, and she waves him away impatiently as she looks around for her spell books. She finds it underneath Derek's coffee cup, and she gives him a dirty look while she flips to the page she needs.

“Hush. Now can I?” She wonders, widening her eyes in an attempt to look innocent. Derek glares at her for a second before he huffs through his nose, and he nods his head. He has to admit he has a soft spot for his little sister's enthusiasm for magic. Their mother always encouraged her with her magic, so Derek promised himself that he would too. “Okay, stand by the fireplace.” Cora instructs, and Derek sighs as he walks over. His bare feet stomp on the floor as he moves around the bare loft, and she turns to face him.

“Just across the room.” Derek tries to clarify, and Cora nods her head. He stands perfectly still, it makes it harder if he's moving, and she puts her hand on the page to read from it. She reads from the page, her voice quiet and slow, and Derek takes in a sharping breath of air when he feels himself beginning pulled from his spot.

****

Derek feel something shaking him frantically as he tries to open his eyes, and he groans trying to turn over. He's tired and just wants to sleep some more. “Please, Derek, wake up. I messed up.” Cora says, urgently and at her tone Derek springs awake.

Cora gives him a relieved look, but it soon forms into a panicked one when she wipes her head around. “These aren't our woods.” She says, and Derek stands more alert. His feet digging into the muddy ground, and the air smells unfamiliar to him. “I'm sorry. I don't know what happened.” Cora cries, and Derek moves to put his arm on her shoulder.

“It's okay. It happens, lets just go home.” Derek says, wiping his face with his hand. They're in the woods, but the woods aren't theirs. A strange smell is all over the woods, another pack that Derek doesn't recognize, and he pulls Cora closer to him.

Cora nods her head, Derek knows she is mad at herself for this, and they go in search of the edge of Hale property. He keeps Cora close to him, guarding her as an Alpha and older brother does, as they walk. Derek ruffles her hair as they walk, and she gave him a shy smile in return. He isn't mad at her, Derek knows that she didn't do this on purpose, and Derek takes in another breath. “I wonder where we are.” Derek comments, and Cora sighs loudly in annoyance as she looks around.

Sterek One-Shots Book One (BoyxBoy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara