We're Just Friends, Dad. (Mature Content)

Hi! Stale Hale here!! This one shot was requested by Desertcoyote_, and it's about the Sheriff not apporving of Sterek (but he really does). I alway want to thank all of you for the 3K+ reads!!! Now on with the one-shot!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

        Stiles is busy distracting himself on the highest level of Candy Crush he has ever been on, and he has almost cleared all of the jelly when he hears his window open. He tries not to smile, and look like he wasn’t paying attention. Stiles clears the last jelly, and finally looks up to see Derek Hale frowning at him. “What’s up, dude?” Stiles asks, and Derek rolls his eyes before climbing on the bed. Stiles isn’t even bothered by this anymore since Derek has been getting close to him for a while now.

            “Don’t call me dude.” Derek hisses, and he buries his face into one of Stiles’ pillow’s before closing his eyes.

            “Are you smelling my pillow?” Stiles asks, amused and Derek doesn’t dignify that with a response. Instead, he just toes off his shoes and pulls his legs on the bed. Stiles just sighs before pulling his covers over Derek. “Seriously, why are you here?” Stiles asks, and Derek huffs. Stiles just rolls his eyes before sitting with his back to the wall, and crosses his legs.

            “Are we dating?” Derek asks after an extended pause, and Stiles jumps because he thought that Derek was asleep. Stiles makes a weird noise because he isn’t really sure how to answer that. He isn’t sure what to say because he honestly does think they are dating. They go out to eat with just them, they cuddle, and they have kissed on several occasions.

            Stiles looks down to see that Derek still has his eyes closed, but his hands are closed into tight fists. “Yes.” Stiles says, softly and he really hopes his isn’t projecting with his emotions. Derek unclenches his fists, nuzzles his head into Stiles’ hips, and throws his hand across Stiles’ lap before falling back asleep.

            That’s that, Stiles thinks. He goes back to playing his game before he yawns. He worms out of Derek’s grip to shower, and then he crawls back into bed to cuddle with his now boyfriend.

****

            It’s not as easy as Stiles wanted it to be. He honestly thought that is was just going to be like it was before, but it isn’t.

            At all.

            Derek is just as bad at feelings now as he was last week, and Stiles rubs his eyes in annoyance when he tries to tell Derek about his day while making dinner and Derek spaces out. “See? You don’t listen!” Stiles hisses, and Derek looks at him in surprise.

            “I was listening. You had a test in one of class that you forgot about, but you still think you did well. Your dad is working too much again, and you’re worried.” Derek says, and Stiles makes a humming noise because that is what he said.

            “Oh, well then.” Stiles says, putting a grilled cheese sandwich on Derek’s plate from where he was making them for dinner in Derek’s loft. Derek looks at him fondly before taking a bite of the sandwich and going back to his book he was reading. “No books at the table.” Stiles says instead, and the corners of Derek’s mouth lift up.

            “What was that, Stiles? I’m reading.” Derek says, and Stiles stabs him with the spatula in his hand.

            “Keeping talking like that, and you’ll be sleeping alone tonight.” Stiles warns, and Derek’s face get serious.