The Kidnapped Mate (Mild Mature Content)

Another One Shot request by the always lovely DarkPrincess40 (I like her because both of user names have princess in it)!! Basically, Stiles gets kidnapped!

__________________________________________________________________________

Derek doesn't know where Stiles is. Call him possessive or simply concerned, but Derek feels that he has a right to know where his own mate is. Especially when the mate is Stiles who has a tendency to wonder off without telling Derek where he is going. Normally when he does this, Derek doesn't feel nervous or uneasy like he does now.

He wishes that Stiles would understand that he cannot just randomly go bring his father lunch or go to the store, but Stiles is human. Stiles didn't grow up with the same werewolf hierarchy as Derek. Derek was always told to protect your mate at all costs, and be with them as much as you can. The thing is, Stiles doesn't feel the same way.

He loves Derek. Everyone, including Derek, knows that Stiles would willingly jump off a bridge if it would make Derek happy. Derek knows this, he does. Stiles, doesn't however, like to tell Derek where he is at all times. Stiles tells Derek that he has to trust him, and Derek fights the urge to throw Stiles into his bedroom and lock the door never to let him leave.

But he doesn't.

Derek does trust Stiles, and he doesn't think that Stiles is off cheating or anything of that sort. Derek just doesn't want Stiles to get hurt, which could easily happen since Stiles was both clumsy and the mate of an Alpha werewolf. Derek has the recurring nightmare that Stiles is killed to get to him, and Derek could never forgive himself if anything happened to the clumsy, little human that has stolen his heart.

Derek looks at his cell phone because maybe, just maybe, Stiles has sent him a message. He hasn't, of course, because Stiles is convinced that Derek doesn't even know how to text. Derek is nervously pacing the loft, looking from his phone to the front door as if he is excepting Stiles to either flail into the loft or call. Derek decides to give his mate five minutes to either call or come home before he gets upset.

Derek plans the speech he is going to give Stiles when he gets home because disappearing for two hours is unacceptable, not to mention rude. He hates when Stiles does this. He looks at the clock on the wall and sees that five minutes has passed. Derek decides that he doesn't want Stiles to think he is checking up on him or anything, so he calls Scott. It rings two times before one of his betas finally answers.

"Hello?" Scott says, and he sounds like he has been asleep.

"Have you seen Stiles?" Derek demands to know, without apologizing for waking Scott up. Derek figures he'll apologizes when Stiles is back in the loft.

"No, last time I talked to him he was headed to the loft." Scott tells him, finally sounding more awake. Derek bites his lip, Stiles was here first thing this morning but he soon wondered off later.

"What time was that?" Derek questions, and Scott pausing to think.

"About an hour and half ago." Scott answers.

Derek allows himself to panic.

****

When Stiles comes to he smells something awful, and the first thing he thinks is that Derek is going to be so pissed that he is late. The last thing that he remembers is getting into his Jeep at the police station. He rang up Scott just to ask if he was going to come to dinner at the loft later, and then began on his merry way. He remembers getting in the Jeep, but he doesn't remember starting it.