I Just Know (Part One of Lovers In The Woods Series) (Mature Content)

Hello, friends. This is the first part of a maybe three part series as requested by Baby_Gerken247. It's a bit different, so I hope you all like it.
_____________________________________________________________

Derek feels the need to run. It is like a constant burning in his bones- the need to run right now. He knows that it isn't a smart thing to do now, not when a murderous Alpha is on the loose and not when he is in heat. Derek wrinkles his nose at the reminder of being heat. It isn't like he is a slave to sexual urges or anything, it is more animalistic than that.

When Derek is in heat, he has the overwhelming urge to run and be naked. It isn't about mating or sex, although during his heat Derek and his right hand are very well acquainted, it is more about the desire to get closer to nature. He remembers during his first heat how he ran from his mother into the woods, and didn't come out until he finally felt himself again. The heat doesn't change him exactly, it just makes him more in tune with his wolf.

It almost feels odd having heat again, Derek hasn't had one since his sister died almost a year ago. He itches his arm absentmindedly at the feeling of ants in his skin when he decides he needs to run with or without an insane Alpha on the loose. Derek takes one step out of the burn shell of his family home before he strips of clothes to be one with nature, and he begins running.

He runs until he cannot seem to focus on anything else, and he catches the vague scent of the Alpha causing trouble. He follows it just to see if it leads him anywhere. The same Alpha causing all of the trouble for him is the same one that killed his sister. It is a burning feeling to be the last alive in a pack, and it wounds his soul. Sure, his uncle is technically alive but a coma is not something that werewolves have ever dealt with. The fire burned most of Peter, and Derek doesn't think he is ever going to wake up.

Laura often told him how it wasn't his fault what happened, but Derek still doesn't believe her. He told Kate Argent everything she needed to know, and now Derek will never trust again. When Laura enters his mind again, Derek runs harder. He runs until he hears another heartbeat beating wildly like his own.

Derek stops to take a deep whiff of the air, and the smell is intoxicating, so much so that he runs to see where it is coming from. He shifts his eyes into their bright, electric blue to see better. He hears the loud crunching of leaves, whoever this is isn't trying to be quiet, and goes in search of it. He knows that it isn't the Alpha, the smell is too pure and clean to be someone who has murdered, so he follows it.

Derek finds himself having fun without meaning too, and it becomes almost like a game. Find the person that smells so good, and then Derek isn't sure. He feels his skin being pulled tighter and tighter, and he pauses only briefly to smell at the air. The smell has almost disappeared, and Derek almost wants to howl in loss, when he hears loud footsteps to his right.

"Scott!" Derek hears, and it sounds loud to his sensitive hearing. He whips his head around towards the sound of the yell, and loud footsteps. He can finally see the outline of a male, and he is the same height as Derek. Derek takes a step forward, and the smell becomes consuming. "Scott! This isn't funny anymore." The man yells, and Derek races towards him.

Derek is mostly in charge of his wolf, but there is a part of his mind that is driven by the heat. The desire to fuck makes his eyes cloudy as he tackles the boy. They fall to the grown with a thump, Derek keeps most of his weight off of him to not crush the boy, and Derek stares down at him with his bright blue eyes.

"Oh my God, you are naked!" He yells, and Derek ignores him in favor of smelling him. It was the young man making the delicious scent that called Derek to him, and Derek finally recognizes the boy as the Sheriff's son. The boy, or young man since he was only seven years younger than Derek's twenty-five, is just awkwardly laying underneath Derek. "I have no idea what to do with my hands." He whines, and Derek struggles to remember his first name.