Tell Me This is Just a Dream

This Oneshot is based on the song Amnesia by Five Seconds of Summer. It is a little sad, but has a happy ending!

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted.

Derek really doesn't know what he is doing here. It's too painful, brings back too many memories, yet like the self-loathing man he is, he drives past the lake. To anyone else it is just a lake, but to Derek it's the place he and Stiles used to go to drink. Stiles was a light drinker, but when he wanted to celebrate minor accomplishments like a goal in lacrosse or an A on a test, they came to the edge of lake.

Derek stares out of his car debating on whether or not he wanted to physically go to the lake. He and Stiles hardly ever went swimming while drinking, but seeing as though he's a werewolf and cannot really get too trashed, Derek would often hold a floating Stiles above water as he giggled manically. Derek slows the car way down until he almost isn't moving at all, and catches the way the moon reflects on the water. Stiles would always tell him that it was his favorite thing in the world was to be with Derek in the moonlight, not matter what they did.

Deciding that he cannot physically handle even looking at the lake anymore, he drives back to his empty loft.

I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted

"Tonight was fun." Derek says, absentmindedly on the Stilinski's porch. He and Stiles had had a Marvel movie marathon for the past several hours. Derek had noticed that something was off about Stiles the entire evening, from dinner to the fact that he wasn't as cuddly as he usually was.

"Yeah." Stiles says softly, and he has this look in his eyes that Derek cannot simply place. He knows his boyfriend. He knows something is troubling him, but he also knows that Stiles will not tell him unless he is good and ready. Derek thinks maybe it has to do with Stiles graduating, and maybe he's nervous about passing all his classes.

Derek feels like they are in a rut, but it is only one sided. He thinks that everything is good, but he catches the way Stiles will stare at his phone or just shrug when Derek asks him questions. When Derek brings it up in conversations, Stiles just gets mad and accuses Derek of hovering or invading his privacy so Derek just doesn't bring it up anymore. Derek tries to shake the thoughts out of his head, and brings Stiles in close to his body for a hug.

He feels that he should have suspected something when Stiles didn't hug him back right away; instead, he awkwardly raises his hands and pats Derek on the back like they haven't been dating or hugging for months. "I love you." Derek whispers, it not the first time he's said it, but it is the first time that Stiles doesn't say it back. Instead, he kisses Derek.

It is not like their usual kisses that are either slow and passionate or hot and lustful; it tastes of sadness. Derek can feel the urgency pouring from Stiles mouth into his, and he reciprocates as best he can. He can taste chocolate and popcorn on Stiles tongue, and as soon as he pull away to breath, Stiles is dragging him back in. Stiles flips them around so that Derek is pushed against the closed front door, and he breaks away only to trail open mouthed kisses down Derek's neck. Stiles isn't usually like this, so forward and emotional.

Looking back Derek feels he really should have seen that as a sign, but he didn't. Instead, he bares his neck and let's Stiles make love bites on every inch of skin he can reach. He tangles his hand in Stiles' hair to bring him closer, but as soon as he touches Stiles, he breaks away. "You should be getting back." Stiles whispers against Derek's mouth. Derek grins at him, and brushes his lips across Stiles'.