I Fell In Love With You For The Same Reason You Watch The Rain

Hello, Stalers! This one shot was requested by my love Desertcoyote_. It is based on The Fault In Our Stars except no one has cancer or dies. Derek is Hazel, Stiles is Augustus, and Allison is Isaac. I hope you guys like it.

_______________________________________________

"No." Derek says, and he doesn't even have to roll over in his bed to see his sister glaring at him. He doesn't want to go to go to a grief support group, he just wants to lay in his bed until it stops hurting.

"Derek, it will help you." Laura says, and Derek snorts into his pillow. "Mom and Dad wouldn't have wanted you to be like this." Laura says, quietly and Derek sits up to glare at her. Derek sits up too fast and he pulls the oxygen tubes out of his nose, and in only seconds he has to fix them before he begins to feel weak. He thought that they had a mutual understanding to not bring up the fire or the death of their parents. Derek thought that was an understanding that they had, but apparently Laura is going to be a big sister and play that card.

Derek sighs in defeat before turning around to look at his sister. "Fine. One time." Derek says, and his sister gives him a self-satisfied smirk before walking out of his room to let him get dressed. Derek drags himself out of bed and to the shower. He hasn't showered in a couple of days, and he thinks that leaving the house would dictate that he shower.

He throws on a clean enough shirt before he slips on boxer and jeans, and then heads downstairs. Laura is drinking coffee while she waits for him, and when she sees that he is dressed and ready to go, she smiles at him. Derek tries to give her one back, but it comes out as a grimace. "Let's go, little bro." Laura says, and she grabs her keys.

****

"I changed my mind." Derek says, as Laura pulls into the church parking lot and she sighs before shifting the car into park. Derek pulls his oxygen tank into his lap nervously. The fire had damaged both of his lungs, and he would need an oxygen tank probably for the rest of his life.

"Please, Derek. One meeting is all I ask." Laura begs, and Derek doesn't think he could say no to her anymore. Derek bites his lip while looking out of the window. There doesn't appear to be many people here, but Derek still isn't sure he can go along with it.

"Okay." Derek says, weakly and Laura kisses him on the cheek before he exits her car. He walks toward the main building, and he recognizes a girl from his class named Allison. Everyone knew that Allison's mother had committed suicide a short time before the fire that killed Derek's parents and little sisters.

Derek sees her again when he gets into the church, and he takes the seat next to her in the circle of chairs before he nervously wheels his oxygen tank around his feet. Allison gives him a small smile, and mutters a hello that Derek quietly replies to. It isn't until the meeting is about to start that Derek sees him.

The boy comes bounding into the room, seriously Derek thinks, it's a grief support group, and he takes the other seat beside Allison. Derek recognizes him from school, he's friends with the captain of the lacrosse team that Derek played on before everything happened. "Hello, Ally." He says, and she smiles at him. Derek is curious about why this boy is smiling so much, but he knows the truth. His sister does the same thing. She smiles bright, but her eyes return to sadness when she thinks that Derek isn't looking at her.

"I see a lot of old faces, and one new one." The leader of the support group, Darren, says. Derek quickly learned that he had lost his best friend in a car crash when he was still in high school, and Derek really doesn't know what it is like to lose a friend. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" Darren asks, and it takes Derek a second to for him to realize that Darren is talking to him. Derek really doesn't want to talk, but Laura is nagging him in his subconscious so he sits up in his seat trying to ignore the fact that everyone is staring at him.