It's Just Two Cliche (The Sequel to Cliche)

Hello, friends! This is the second, and finally, part to Cliche. It's mostly Cliche from Derek's point of view, but I also put in their friends reactions to them getting together!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        It really is cliché as shit, Derek thinks, the punk in love with the nerd. He figures he wouldn’t want Stiles Stilinski so much if he didn’t wear those stupid hipster glasses, made all of those lame, sarcastic comments that Derek has to force himself not to laugh at, and be so fucking smart.

            “You picked a really great spot to watch Stilinski today, Hale.” Isaac says, smiling and clapping him on the back. Isaac leans on the wall next to him, and Derek scowls at him.

            “I do not watch him.” Derek argues as Erica and Boyd walk over holding hands. Erica smiles at him and Boyd nods his head in greetings, Derek smiles tightly in return.

            “Pity because he’s watching you.” Isaac says, and Derek wipes his head up just in time to see Stiles throw a roll at his idiot friend whose name Derek hasn’t bothered to learn. Isaac chuckles loudly, along with Erica and even Boyd cracks a smile.

            “I’m going to class.” Derek seethes, and Isaac sighs. Derek walks off and he hears his friends coming after him. Isaac is laughing an apology, but Derek just sighs and nods his head. He knows Isaac doesn’t mean it, but he still irks him to no end when they tease him. Derek pulls out his cigarettes to get a quick smoke in, but the bell rings and Derek just throws it on the ground. “Go to class, kids.” Derek says, and Erica rolls her eyes but heads to Physics after Boyd. 

            “Loser.” Derek hears and he turns to see Stiles Stilinski leaning down to pick up his books. His shirt has ridden up to reveal a thin line of pale skin, and even from where Derek is standing he can see moles scattered across the little patch of skin. Derek aches to touch, and he cannot pull his eyes away. Stiles stands back up, and he gives Derek a strange look.

            Derek continues to stare at him until Stiles walks away, and Derek watches him leave.

****

            “He just looked at him like he didn’t even know that I was there.” Derek says, and Isaac pats his leg. Derek and Isaac are laying on Derek’s bed trying to do homework.

            “Is my baby having boy troubles?” Talia says, and Derek groans before burying his face in his pillow. Isaac laughs loudly as Talia sits on the edge of Derek’s bed, and rubs at his back. “Is it the Stilinksi boy?” Talia asks, and Derek closes his eyes.

            “No offense, Momma, but I really do not want to talk about this with you.” Derek says, and his mother huffs.

            “Derek Hale, when did you get this one?” Talia says, stabbing at one of Derek’s new tattoos on his shoulder. Derek shrugs his shoulders noncommittally like, and Talia slaps the back of his head lightly. “Fine. Don’t tell your mother anything at least Isaac stills loves me.” Talia says.

            “That I do, Mama Hale.” Isaac says honestly, and Derek smiles into his pillow. He has known Isaac since middle school, and when he found out that Isaac’s father had been abusing him, Derek went straight to his parents. Derek’s mom and dad had instantly taken him in and pressed charges against Isaac’s father after Isaac had assaulted him in self-defense.

            “And I love you, Isaac.” Talia says, and Derek rolls his eyes and groans. “I really cannot wait to meet this boy. His father is so nice, and his mother was so lovely. Such a terrible shame what happened to her.” Talia says, sadly and Derek feels his heart clench. He remembers when Stiles’ mother passed away many years ago, he had come home from school to see his mother crying into his father’s shirt. He hadn’t been old enough at the time to comprehend the loss of losing a parent.