His Love Keeps Me Warm

I combined the requests of tyler_hale_ and TheThingInYourCloset. Enjoy, Stalers.

_________________________________________________________

          Leave it to Stiles to come home for Christmas only to be left alone the one time of year it is the most painful to be left alone. Stiles had made the drive from Berkley only the day before Christmas Eve, and everyone already had plans. Scott and Allison were spending the day with Melissa, and Isaac decided to tag along with them. Erica and Boyd were at her parents, Lydia and Jackson were in Europe doing God knows what, and that left him all alone. John was working Christmas Eve into Christmas day, and Stiles would be by himself until the afternoon of Christmas.

Stiles was unpacking some of his things while sighing to himself. He had already taken finals so it was not like he could study to past the time. He makes himself leave his room, and he stares at the tiny tree with a collection of presents that will not get unwrapped until after Christmas. Stiles grabs some coffee before throwing himself down on the couch with a pitiful sigh, and he debates finding something on Netflix to watch but he wants to talk to someone.

Scott was away, so was the rest of the pack. Stiles dug his head into the pillow on the couch until he remembered that Derek didn’t exactly say where he was going for the holidays, and Stiles gets dizzy from sitting up too quickly. He trips a little on the stairs trying to get to his room faster to get his phone, and when he finds it he scrolls down to Derek’s name before pressing call.

Stiles rushes back downstairs as the phone keeps ringing and ringing. “Come on, Derek.” Stiles mutters, and he growls in annoyance when he hears the fifth ring and he is about to hear the automated voicemail when Derek answers.

“Are you dying?” Derek huffs, and Stiles squeaks in surprise because he really wasn’t expecting Derek to answer.

“Of loneliness.” Stiles says, dramatically and Derek sighs and Stiles can only imagine him holding the bridge of his nose in between his fingers while he paces. “Scott’s away with his family, Dad’s a work until tomorrow, and it’s just me.” Stiles says, and once again Derek just sighs.

“Stiles, I’m not even at the loft. I’m at the Hale cabin.” Derek says, and Stiles racks his brain trying to remember where that was.

“I know where that is! On the edge of Hale property? About a mile from where we met?” Stiles says, excitedly.

“Stiles, the roads are icy.” Derek tries, but Stiles is lonely and he is pretty sure that Derek is lonely too.

“I’ll be careful!” Stiles says, and he is already trying to get his jacket on. He hears Derek sigh in defeat while he is trying to stuff his arms into his winter jacket and find his keys at the same time.

“Fine.” Derek says, and he hangs up. Stiles doesn’t let it bother him before he finds his keys and heads outside towards the Jeep to drive to meet Derek at the Hale cabin.

****

The Jeep slips and slides across the road a few times, and the snow is starting to fall at a continuous pace. The Hale cabin in the middle of nowhere, and Stiles struggles to remember exactly where it is. He finally spots the cabin when he sees the puffs of smoke coming up from the chimney, and he pulls the Jeep into the driveway as best he can.

When he gets out of the Jeep, the cold hits him suddenly and he gasps. He doesn’t even take a step forward before Derek is throwing the door open to frown at him. “Stiles?” Derek asks, and Stiles manages to walk towards the door. Derek is wearing a dark green sweater, and he has on dark jeans like always. He is still scowling despite being Christmas time, and Stiles grins at him.