Nothing But a Note

This is just one of my stories that I thought up. I hope it is enjoyed! It's basically about Stiles leaving Beacon Hills. It is pretty sad. ********************************************************************************************************     

          It started out as a lot of little things, Stiles decides. When he thinks back he should have noticed how Derek would start holding pack meeting without telling him or how he wouldn’t ask Stiles to do research for him. Those things didn’t really bother him the first time it happened, but after a while he took notice.

            Stiles thinks maybe it has to do with the strange relationship he has with resident Alpha Derek Hale. They aren’t together, but they’re too close to just be friends. By close, Stiles means that they are well aware of each other in the biblical sense. Their relationship had too much emotions to just be a friends with benefits, or Alpha with benefits, kind of thing. He didn’t need validation of their relationship status from Derek, Stiles felt like they had a quiet understanding, but a name for them would be great.

            When he brings up how he was left out of the meeting to Derek, he isn’t too surprised when Derek waves him away like Stiles himself is expecting too much. Stiles opens his mouth to protest but soon there’s a tongue in mouth, and a hand down his pants so he guesses this conversation can wait.

            The next time it happens, Stiles is a little perturbed. He wants to be kept up to date, and he hates getting his information second hand from Scott. As much as he platonically loves Scott, Stiles is sure they didn’t just talk about nothing in the meetings.

            The next thing that happens is that he rarely sees the pack anymore. They used to come by at least every other day, and Stiles would help them with homework or anything else they needed. Once he even did some of Isaac’s laundry for him. It really does begin to bother Stiles, but he keeps his chin up. He is positive this is just a phase until he sees Scott next day and he has a thin, pink line on his forehead that looks like it has been healing for a while. When he asked Scott, the werewolf just tells him the pack had trouble with some visitor thinking the Hale land was theirs, and Stiles just backs away slowly to his jeep.

            Stiles marches, or drives angrily, to the Hale house to confront Derek, and that’s when the last straw happens. Stiles enters the house, and marches to Derek’s bedroom where he suspects he’ll be, Derek likes to sleep during the day while the rest of the pack is at work or college. Stiles walks directly into the bedroom where he freezes.

            Derek is not alone in bed.

            Looking back he isn’t sure how he didn’t hear the woman earlier because she certainly is vocal, and he almost isn’t sure its Derek until he see the tattoo. Stiles feels the grief and betrayal that cuts him to his core, and he slowly backs from the room because he figures Derek is a little too busy to notice him come in or leave. He gets to his jeep and out of the Hale property before the tears flow down, and really he thinks, he should have seen this coming.

****

            Stiles makes it home and to his room before he is totally broken down. He comes to the conclusion that Derek really doesn’t care about him the same way Stiles does about him. He realizes that none of the pack care for him like he does for them. Stiles paces his room for about five minutes thinking what he is going to do when the idea comes to him.

            He is going to leave.

            Stiles grabs a bag and throws a few pairs of jeans and some shirts. He grabs his grandfather’s watch to put in the bag before writing a note to his father. Stiles knows his Dad will be heartbroken, but selfish as it sounds, Stiles needs to leave this town. He is eighteen, he could have left at any point but he stayed. He stayed for a pack he wasn’t even part of.