No Need to Jump to Conclusions(Mature Content)

Hi!! I combined two requests from TheThingInYourCloset and pepperpie27. I hope that it turned out alright, so this dedicated to both of them. This is also my 30th one shot!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

        "No, Stiles." Derek says, and Stiles rolls his eyes to the ceiling. He was tired of having this argument especially with Derek. Stiles was more than capable of handling himself, if Allison could fight so could he. He had just as much weapons training as she did.

"I can handle it. In case you have forgotten, I've run with wolves for years." Stiles points out, and Derek glares at him. The pack is gathered around in Derek's loft trying to come up with some kind of plan about the new wolves in town. They haven't out right done anything to Derek or the pack, but enough humans have gone missing and that is enough to cause alarm.

"I don't care. You're staying here while we talk to them, and try to get them to leave." Derek hisses, and Stiles fights the urge to smack him.

"I think we both know that that isn't going to happen." Stiles says, and Derek growls at him. Stiles presses his lips together to keep from saying anything, but he glares as best he can. Stiles walks as far away as he can from Derek as he can in the medium sized room, and Derek huffs before he turns to his betas.

"Scott, I want you and Isaac to inform the Argents about everything." Derek says, and Scott and Isaac nods as Derek speaks. "The rest of you are going to train while I try to plan out a better stagey then running into to their pack house without any idea how strong they are." Derek says, and the meeting is unofficially over. "Stiles." Derek says, and Stiles stops from where he is gathering up his jacket.

"What, Derek?" Stiles says, and Derek sighs at the harsh tone that Stiles uses with him. It isn't new, Stiles always gets terse with him, but Derek was hoping that he would try to see this from his point of view.

"I don't want you to think that this is about your physical abilities." Derek says, carefully. Stiles pauses on the way out of his door before he turns half of his body towards Derek.

"I will not watch my friends die." Stiles says, and Derek can see the determination in his eyes that makes Derek admire all that Stiles does. "Goodnight, Derek." Stiles says, and he slams the door behind him. When the door shuts, Derek tries not to jump at the harshness of the action because he knows that Stiles isn't going to drop the subject.

****

            The other pack has officially made a threat against the pack. Erica was walking home with Lydia after they got some ice cream, when a member from the other pack approaches them. He tells them that it would be a shame if something were to happen to happen to them, and Erica growls while shoving Lydia behind her. The other beta laughs before sauntering off, and the girls rush home to tell Derek.

            Derek doesn't not that the threat lightly, he breaks another set of plate by throwing them at the wall luckily no one else was home, and he is ready for an attack. He calls the pack to the loft at once, and Derek tries to rally them into action. "Our pack has official been threatened. It is time for an attack." Derek says, and everyone nods.

            "What did they do?" Stiles asks, and Derek fights the urge to snap at him. He feels himself drifting away from the human, and he cannot lose Stiles any more than he already has.  

            "They indirectly threatened Erica and Lydia." Boyd supplies, and he growls a little when he says it. Stiles gives Lydia a look to ask why she didn't tell him, and she shakes her head at him as a way to apologize.