The Spoils Of War

Another historical au with Wolf!Derek and Prince!Stiles
___________________________________________________

     The first time Stiles ever sees Derek Hale is when he is finishing the raid on Kate Argent’s summer home. Kate Argent had been an enemy of the country in all four parishes, for she killed her father to gain the thrown. Her first order as queen was to murder all werewolves within her land. The other kings and queens had let the werewolves live in peace for they were one with nature, and they never attacked humans without just cause.

The only time this had been proven false was when King Scott of the McCall’s was taking  a walk, and blitzed by a feral wolf. The pack the wolf hailed from took care of the problem before the McCall’s could. Scott didn’t mind being a werewolf when he finally got a hold of it, and Stiles became slightly obsessed with the idea of werewolves.

Here he was now, making sure that none of Kate’s insane followers were waiting to surprise them. Stiles’ father had sent him to lead the troops, and take Kate’s head. Christopher was the rightful ruler to the Argent kingdom, and King John had made a promise to get it back to him. Scott had taken John’s and Chris’s side, while Queen Lydia had taken a neutral stance in order to keep her land from being ravaged from war.

Kate had put up a good fight, but it was John and Chris who was victorious. Stiles was the one who was the lucky one was told to free the political prisoners, and he carefully went down to the dungeon of the small castle.

He was not prepared for what he saw.

It was clear that Kate had been capturing werewolves for her unknown hatred of them, and Stiles covered his nose to try to stop the stench of death from invading his nose. The first cell had two female wolves inside with silver collars in around their necks, and one moved in front of a smaller one to growl threating at Stiles. Stiles handled his hands up to show that he mention no harm, but the wolf didn’t back off from him. “I am here to free you. Kate Argent is dead.” Stiles says, and the wolf cocks it’s head to look at him.

He moves forward carefully to unhook the silver collar from the larger wolf before the younger one. Without the confinement of the silver, the two wolves transform back into two young woman. “We cannot leave without our brother.” One tells him, and her voice is scratchy as if she hasn’t spoken the entire time she has been there.

“I will find him. You two go find the captain, and he will take you to my father’s castle where you are invited to stay until you are well enough to go back to your pack.” Stiles says, and the younger woman frowns.

“There is no more pack.” She whispers, and Stiles feels his heart grieve for them. He calls for one of his soldiers to get the woman water and food before they make the short trip back to the Stilinski realm. Stiles bides them a goodbye before he goes in search of the brother they spoke of, and the other wolves he released ran off as soon as they could.

Stiles doesn’t blame the other wolves for running away, and he searches for the brother of the woman. He searches every last cell in the prison without luck, and he is about to give up when he hears what sounds like chains rattling. Stiles follows the noise until he gets to what looks like a bedroom, and it appears to be the best room so Stiles figures it was Kate Argent’s.

He looks carefully in her room with his sword drawn, and he stops in shock. There is a werewolf, it has beautiful black fur with piercing blue eyes, and it is chained with silver to the bed post. It has a tight collar that has to be choking it, and it growls at Stiles. “Oh, poor sweet wolf.” Stiles mutters to himself. He puts his sword away, and slowly carefully approaches.