If You Go Out To The Woods Today

I don't even know
_____________________________________________

     Stiles is great at a lot of things. He’s a hell of an uncle to Scott and Allison’s daughter. Not to mention, a great friend to Lydia and Jackson. Stiles is a hell of a son to his father, and he made the Dean’s list all semesters at Berkley.

With that being said, Stiles is pretty shitty at his job.

Now, working undercover in narcotics was not how Stiles thought he was going to spend his first few years of being on the force. Nor did he figure that he would be running for his life in his boxers and a t-shirt in the middle of the forest. Granted, he did fuck up the operation by going in alone but wanted to check these guys out. They’d sale drugs to teens at his old high school, so he took it personal. Not to mention that he has been undercover for six months, and he is tired of this shit.

Stiles realizes this as he tries to run with his hands locked in zip ties and blood from a pretty nasty head wound getting into his eye. He wipes his arm over his to clear the blood from his vision, and he really regrets not camping as child. Stiles also regrets not taking a safer job like being a deputy, but he can’t focus on that now.

He can hears the sounds of the drugs dealers following him, and he runs faster. Stiles didn’t think this was the way it would  end, but he should have seen it coming. He showed up at the drug house in the afternoon to drop money for the drugs that he “sold”, and before he could even speak it was knocked on the back of the head.

When Stiles came to, he was tied to chair and his hands zip tied together. He thought it was a bit over excessive, and when he let them know that he was immediately punched in the face. They took his pants, Stiles really doesn’t understand why until they made cuts along his thighs before pouring salt on the fresh cuts. It was creative, Stiles had to admit. When Stiles told them that, they slapped him in the face.

They told Stiles they were told that he was a cop, and Stiles spit in one of the men’s face. They told him that they were going to kill him, but they would find his family first. They told him that they would kill his father before going after his niece, and Stiles grew angry. Hurting him was one thing, but they couldn’t hurt his family. Stiles smashes his head against one of the men’s left to watch him, and he manages to escape.

So this is where Stiles finds himself running through the forest with hands still bound, and his legs protesting in pain with every step. He hides behind a tree before running in the other direction until he cannot hear the men anymore. Stiles stands in the middle of a clear, planning out his resonation letter to his boss because this was not in his job description. Stiles is panting, his eyes are fogging over and that couldn’t be a good sign. It was probably below freezing outside, and with just being clothed in boxers and a shirt was not enough.

Stiles knew he had to get to the road to get back up or call his father or just get somewhere warm, but all that is put out of his mind when he is suddenly tackled to the cold, hard ground.

****

Derek is walking his property like he does every day in his wolf form. He has been alone for so long that he doesn’t remember what it is like to have someone with him. His family is dead, and he is half feral. He likes to tell himself that he can still civilize, he just doesn’t want to at the moment.

The cold air doesn’t faze him as he walks on all fours in the moonlight. He hates being alone, but for the past few years it is all he knows. He tries not to think of his family and the fire that killed them. His house is still in good condition, and sometimes when he manages to turn back into his human form he cleans it. The wolf is always inside of him, pacing and snarling with uneasiness at everything.