twenty seven

27|MOST ELIGIBLE VIKING

Today was like every other day. The boys and Goldie were sat around the basement watching god knows what on the small television. Hyde was in his usual chair, Kelso and Goldie both stretched out on the sofa and Fez on the lawn chair.

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it!" Eric announced loudly as he cheerfully walked into the room holding the school news paper.

"Skinny Dillhole Talks Like an Idiot?" Hyde questioned boredly, annoyed at his friends sudden loudness in the peaceful basement. "Yeah, yeah. I read it."

"No." The disturbance trailed off, trying to hide his grin. "Guess who was voted Point Place Highs Most Eligible Viking?"

"Tommy Larkin?" Fez guessed, not understanding the tone of the boys voice. This caused Goldie and Hyde to shoot him a strange look, their faces mirrored. "Well, he is dreamy."

"No. Me." Eric said happily, climbing over the back of the sofa to sit between Kelso and Goldie. "Thank you very much."

"Congratulations, Eric. I guess this opens up a whole new world for you, one where you can actually date chicks." Kelso said, the only one sounding genuinely excited about Eric's news.

"And don't think I haven't already thought of that, my friend." He patted his friends back with a perverted smile.

"Here we go." Goldie rolled her eyes as she saw her cousin space out. "He's off in la la land."

"Forman, don't put me in your fantasies. I don't even like being in your real life." Hyde grumbled to the boy, folding his arms as he shivered in disgust.

"You can put me in your fantasies. I don't mind." Fez said casually causing the only girl to stare at him weirdly. "I don't have a lot going on."

"Clearly." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time that day. They all went back to watching the television, going quiet as some strange show played.

"Oh, hey, Donna." Eric greeted the ginger girl as her and Jackie entered the basement, the later girl sitting beside her boyfriend. "Hey, um, did you see the school paper?"

"Oh, yeah. Field hockey team's going to state. Whoo-hoo!" Donna cheered sarcastically before sitting down beside Goldie who moved to sit on Hyde's lap.

"Uh, oh. Looks like someone doesn't want to talk about the new Most Eligible Viking." He continued to try and make Donna jealous which clearly was not working. "Look, Donna, this whole, uh, "Most Eligible" thing has really taught me something. Um, I'm pretty."

"Just like you, Princess." Marigold mumbled to Hyde earning a pinch on her ass.

"So, what do you say, like, we officially start dating other people?" Eric suggested. He sounded awkward, almost like he wanted to date her while having the freedom to date other people.

"Oh, I've been waiting for your permission." Donna's sarcasm continued, adding hand gestures to emphasise her point. "And can I stay out past nine. Please, please?"

"Okay. As long as you're gonna be cool when you see me with one, two or seven of Point Place's juiciest tomatoes." He shrugged in return.

"Its just like old times." Hyde spoke up, still stroking Goldie's inner thigh. "Eric and Donna talking about meaningless crap that affects only them. I've missed it so."

"Oh my God." Goldie giggled as Hyde lifted her up bridal style and carried her back to his room, everyone trying to ignore her gleeful laughter. "Hyde, stop. They can still hear us."

"And?" He closed his door and dumped her on his bed, attacking her neck with his lips. He pushed her shirt collar down, leaving large love bruises over her skin, hidden beneath her shirt so no one could see.

His hands moved down her body, unbuckling her jeans as she removed his shirt.

~•~

Marigold sat at The Hub with Hyde, Eric, Kelso and Leo, all discussing Eric's new dating scene. She only tagged along for the free food and drink Hyde bought her.

"Okay, you guys and Goldie, which one of these lucky ladies gets to go out with Point Place High's Most Eligible Viking?" Eric announced, placing the school yearbook on the table for everyone to look at.

"Start with the gymnastics team, but go with the second string." Hyde informed him with clear knowledge of the girls in their year. "Just as limber and somethin' to prove."

"How about her?"

"Yeah, I made out with her once." Kelso inputted with a proud smile.

"Okay, I don't want my tongue where Kelso's tongue has been." Eric scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"Oh, you better stay away from your mom then." The older boy joked earning a high five from the bored girl and a punch from Eric. "I was kidding!"

"What about her?"

"Hey, I know her, man." Leo pointed at the girl, leaning forwards to get a better look. "She's not all there, if you know what I mean."

"She's a space case, huh?" Hyde sat back intrigued causing Goldie to punch his arm, the same way her cousin had just done.

"No, she's missing a toe." The man answered, silencing everyone as they thought about what he had said.

"Oh, you guys. There's that girl Emily. Problem solved." Eric gestured to the food window. "Excuse me, fellas."

"Ten bucks he fails." Goldie placed a crisp ten dollar note on the table, hinting to Kelso with a mischievous smile.

"You're on." Kelso threw his side of the deal on to the table, turning around to watch Eric excitedly.

"Oh, my God." Fez rushed into the cafe with excitement, looking at everyone waiting for them to ask what had happened. "Oh, my God. Rhonda just said she has something special to share with me tomorrow night. It can only mean that we're going to do it!"

Everyone laughed at his statement, knowing it was not going to happen no matter what.

"No, no, no. Listen to me. I need a place to do it, roomy and cheap." He continued, begging them all for help. "Just like my Rhonda."

"You can use the Fotohut, man." Leo volunteered his work place. "I'm always happy to lend it out for deflowering and bar mitzvahs."

"Thank you, Leo." Fez said kindly, grateful towards the older man. "Tomorrow night, Fez becomes a man."

"Oh, so it is a bar mitzvah." He cheered for the boy.

"Another ten bucks he stays a boy." Goldie quickly challenged Kelso, throwing another ten on the table.

"Deal."

"I'll hold the money." Hyde picked up the forty dollars and pocketed it, knowing that even if Goldie loses the bets, Kelso will forget about the money so they can split the twenty dollars.