three

3|FLIRTING

Marigold started to walk down the stairs to the basement but stopped halfway when she heard what Hyde and Eric were discussing. She sat down on the wooden step and waited.

"So, hey, Hyde." Eric moved to face his friend on the other side of the sofa. "Come on. Where's your dad, really?"

"Fine, you wanna know?" Hyde sighed in defeat. "He and my mom got back together."

"No way, that's great." Eric congratulated him. "So, where are they?"

"I can't tell you." He replied distantly, still watching the television.

"Why not?"

"'Cause they won't tell me." Hyde replied, finally looking at the boy. Goldie felt her heart sink at that comment, he was an orphan too.

"They split on you?" Eric suddenly went serious and quiet. "Oh, man."

"Oh, man. See, this is why I didn't wanna tell you." The frizzy haired boy complained when he noticed his friends tone. "I knew you'd get all "after school special" on me."

"Me? Please." Eric scoffed before teasingly jumping on his friend and hugging him tightly, ignoring how much Hyde wanted him off. "It's okay. You're home now."

"Hey orphan boy." Marigold finally announced her presence after Eric had left the basement to play hoops.

"How long have you been there?" Hyde spun around and saw the girl sat on the stairs.

"Long enough." She quietly walked down the stairs and joined him on the sofa, watching him carefully with a pout. "Want to make out?"

"What?" He looked at her with surprise, not expecting her to ask that.

"Well you're an orphan with a lot of pent up anger and I'm an orphan with a lot of pent up sadness and pain." Goldie slowly explained to him. "So lets act like adults and grab my tits."

"I'm beginning to like you living here." Hyde smirked, grabbing her hips and pulling her on to his lap. His lips attacked hers, hands sneaking under her shirt to touch her bare skin.

Marigold deepened the kiss by opening her mouth, letting his tongue fight for dominance with hers. Her hands played with his hair as she grinded her hips on his lap, chuckling when she heard him groan.

"Feeling better?" She whispered against his lips, moving her hands down his chest to pull his shirt over his head.

"Want to move this to my room? Red or Kitty might walk in." Hyde asked, grabbing her thighs and lifting her up to carry her to his room. He dropped her on his bed and hovered over her, capturing her lips again. His hands moved under her shirt again, travelling up her stomach and cupping her breast through her bra.

~•~

"Hey Aunt Kitty. What's wrong?" Goldie asked as she walked into the kitchen and saw her aunt stress cooking.

"Midge left Bob." Kitty explained, pouring the pancake batter into the fry pan. "Could you help me?"

"Of course." Marigold nodded and flipped the pancake, admiring the perfect brown colour. She placed all the cooked pancakes into a glass dish beside the bacon and fried eggs. Goldie ignored as Kitty explained what had happened to her husband and son.

"Well, fine." She covered up the glass tray after Marigold put in the last pancake. "I will go myself."

"Hey, where are you going with my food?" Red stooped her as she was leaving.

"To Bob and Donna." Kitty answered. "When your wife or mother leaves you, you need a good breakfast."

"I need a good breakfast." He argued back, gesturing to the empty table.

"Well, I didn't leave you. Eat a pop-tart!" She snapped, walking out the house to give the neighbours food.

"I'll make some pancakes if you want, Uncle Red?" Marigold offered, still stood by the cooker.

"Yes please, dear." Red smiled at his niece, happy that she was acting normal again.

"We're gonna die from food poisoning." Hyde joked as he joined them all in the kitchen.

"I will happily kill you with food." She winked at him. The pair had not spoke since their intense make out session but still sent suggestive looks to each other.

"That would be a cool way to die." He chuckled, sitting down between Eric and Red.

"Would you two stop flirting?" Eric joked causing Red to send the frizzy haired boy a glare.

"How would you know what flirting is? Your girlfriend wore a promise ring around her neck." Goldie crossed her arms over her chest and smirked at her cousin.

"She's right." Red laughed, happily accepting the pancakes she placed on his plate. "You suck at flirting."

"Maybe Hyde can teach you some day." Marigold laughed, serving up the rest of the pancakes and sitting down between Eric and Hyde.