thirty one

31|STICK

"Guys, great news!" Kelso burst into the basement and stripped off his coat, everyone glancing up from the TV curiously. "I was walking around Halverson's Department Store, and the owner comes right up to me, and he offered me a modeling job. Yeah, whoo!"

"Wait, wait." Jackie stepped forwards from leaning against the wall. "He just offered you a modeling job? Yeah, sounds a little suspicious. I mean, how do you know it was the owner?"

"Because it was Mr. Halverson." He replied.

"How do you know it was Mr. Halverson?" She continued to ask him questions with disbelief.

"Because I said, "Aren't you Mr. Halverson?" and he said, "Yeah"." Kelso recited the conversation.

"Hey, Hyde, aren't you Mr. Halverson?" Eric questioned to prove Jackie's point.

"Yeah." Hyde replied easily with a straight face, winking at his girlfriend as she muffled her laughter caused by him and her cousin.

"See? Look, Michael. I've been in that store over a hundred times and Mr. Halverson's never asked me to be a model." Jackie exaggerated with large hand gestures. "And if Mr. Halverson never asked me to be a model, then there's no Mr. Halverson. It's a scam."

"I don't know. It doesn't sound like a scam to me." Donna hummed in thought, siding with Kelso.

"After hearing Jackie's argument, I believe Kelso." Goldie added with a nod, stealing a chocolate from Hyde's hand before he threw it in his mouth.

"Thank you, Donna and Goldie." Kelso said gratefully to the two girls.

"Sounds like Mr. Halverson wants you for his lover." The ginger girl teased with a smirk, making kissing noises.

"Either way, I'm flattered." He shrugged, not caring either option.

"Hyde, will you teach me how to drive the El Camino?" Fez quietly asked, changing the topic of conversation. "Rhonda's car is a stick and until I learn to drive it, I have to sit in the lady seat."

"No way, man. The Camino's cherry." Hyde shot him down immediately, going back to watching the TV.

"Please? You let Goldie drive it." He begged, giving the boy his puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, but I'm good with Hyde's stick." Goldie winked up at her boyfriend and laughed when she heard everyone else understand her innuendo.

"Seriously?" Eric shot her a look of disgust.

"I don't get it." Fez mumbled. "Please, please, please?"

"No." Hyde said strictly, high fiving his girlfriend and pulling her off the footstool and on to his lap.

"Please, please, please, please." He repeated like an alarm, annoying everyone. Fez didn't stop, eventually standing behind Hyde to say it in his ear.

"All right! All right!" He yelled, finally shutting Fez up. "You can use the El Camino. But you have to be careful, all right? I don't want anything to happen to my baby."

"Awe, thanks for your concern, Hyde, but I'll be fine." Fez pouted in adoration, grabbing Hyde's shoulder affectionately.

"Oi!" Goldie glared at him, slapping his hand away from her boyfriend.

~•~

"And let out the clutch gently, okay? 'Cause this car's very powerful." Hyde ordered, sat in the passenger seat and helped teach Fez to drive. Goldie sat in the back seat, noticing an old condom wrapper on the ground that made her giggle to herself. "You can clean the seats." He winked back at her, knowing what she found.

"Hyde!" Fez stopped him from explaining. "We've been sitting here for half an hour. Will you shut your hole and let me drive?"

"Okay, you're clear." Donna announced, gently hitting the bonnet to let the boys know it was safe to drive. Fez started the car and instantly reversed into the box's behind the car. "In front of you."

"Jesus!" Goldie gasped in fright, noticing Leo emerge from the fallen piles of boxes.

"Man, I picked a bad place to take a nap." Leo groaned, standing up slowly to assess what had happened.

"Nice one." Hyde chuckled at Goldie's choice of wording. He leaned back and raised his hand, hers slapping his out of habit.

"Was this from yesterday or last week?" She asked after Fez left the car, holding the packet between two fingers.

"Yesterday, we went three rounds last week." He reminded her, stepping out the car to check on Leo. "We should take him to the hospital."

"I'll drive." Fez raised his hand but lowered when he saw the glare his three friends sent him.

"Shotgun." Marigold winked at Fez before helping Hyde get Leo into the back seats and putting his seatbelt on.