fifty seven

57|UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN

Marigold threw her hair back into a messy bun, staring at her lifeless reflection in her vanity mirror. She applied her chapstick to her lips and sighed as she remembered she would have to spend the entire day with Eric and Hyde.

She rushed down the stairs, slipping her feet into her worn-out boots before racing through the kitchen and towards the car. She paused as she noticed the only empty spot in the car was in the middle between Eric and Hyde.

"Chop chop, Goldilocks." Hyde teased her, patting his thighs as he waited for her to crawl over him.

Goldie rolled her eyes, throwing her bag at Eric before stepping into the car, feeling Hyde's hand on her hips as he guided her into the middle seat.

"Goldie, there is space back here." Kelso said from the boot of the car. "You can sit on my lap."

"Kelso, no." Goldie stated coldly before putting her headphones on, her Walkman drowning out the voices around her.

"Oh, it's like a suana in here." Kitty complained, fanning her face to try and cool down. "Wish you all didn't have to breathe so much."

"All right guys, you heard the lady." Eric announced causing Goldie to slip her headphones off to listen in on the conversation. "No more breathing."

"No, I didn't tell you not to breathe, I asked you not to breathe as much." His mother yelled, groaning with frustration at his comment. "There's a difference."

"Oh, Red, you missed the exit." Hyde spoke up, watching the exit pass.

"Damn it, Eric, you're supposed to be following the map." Red snapped at his son. "What the hell are you doing back there?"

"Making you a crown, 'cause you're king of the road!" Eric lifted up the map that he had folded perfectly into a crown, placing it on his head.

Marigold slipped her headphones back over her ears, drowning out the voices of her cousin and friends as they complained about the journey. Her eyes closed, head falling back against the seat as she disassociated from the world.

A smile graced her lips as she followed the boys into the main building, glancing around at the university accommodation.

"Man, this place is awesome!" Kelso exclaimed with excitement, looking around with awe. He paused at a poster on the wall, eyes widening with delight. "Look, they even have dirty cartoons on the wall."

"Kelso, those are CPR instructions." Hyde stated, glancing at his friend with confusion.

"Wow, I've done a lot of CPR." The boy grinned to himself before turning to Goldie and winking at her.

"Same." Goldie winked back at the boy, chuckling at his lack of health and safety knowledge.

"Visitors weekend is great." Ted, the guide, announced as he wandered up to the group. "We always have a big dorm party, tons of beer, tons of chicks."

"Hey, I just need one six pack and two chicks, and I'm good." Hyde stated smugly before glancing over at Goldie. "Found one."

"Hello beautiful." Ted smiled flirtatiously at Goldie, distracting her from Hyde's comment. "I'm Ted. If you need any help, just come to me."

"Goldie." Marigold placed her hand in his. He brought her hand to his mouth and kissed the back of her hand. "I'll be sure to remember that."

"Man, this place is great!" Eric spoke up, stepping between his cousin and the guide. "It's too bad Donna couldn't make it. Oh, my god, would you look at that?"

"We just saw college butt!" Kelso cheered as they all watched a girl walk past them, her towel barely covering her ass. "On a girl!"

"Hold it!" Red interrupted them. "Girls live here too?"

"Yes, sir." Ted answered. "We're co-ed."

"That's it! You boys are staying with us at the motel." Red gestured to the boys to leave the accomodation building.

"I'm going to find the female only dorm, Uncle Red." Goldie kisses her uncles cheek and wandered out the building, following a map to the dorm she would be staying in for the visitor weekend.

"Stay safe." Kitty called out after her niece who waved over her shoulder in response.

"Hi, I'm Lucy!" A blonde girl skipped up to Marigold as she entered the room she was staying in.

"Marigold, but everyone calls me Goldie." Goldie smiled back, letting the girl show her around the dorm room. "I heard there was a party tonight?"

"Yes! Want to go together?" Lucy asked enthusiastically, sitting down on one of the beds.

"Yes."