fifty five

55|KELSO AND MARIGOLD

Marigold grabbed a drink from the fridge before wandering down the stairs, sighing as she noticed Hyde crushing Kelso against the sofa, stopping him from fighting back. She marched up to the pair, snatching the sunglasses from Hyde's face, hands on her hips as she waited for an explanation.

"He started it." Hyde argued, trying to hold Kelso down while swatting his hand at Goldie, wanting his glasses back.

"In all honesty, you deserve a lot more than what Kelso has to offer." She scoffed, placing his glasses on her face before sitting down on her footstool. "Use your brain for once, Steven. Think about what you've actually done, the people you've hurt for a cheap fuck."

"You called me "Steven"." He smirked, ignoring the rest of her statement. He watched as her frustration grew, hiding her scowl behind her drink.

"You still call me "Mar"." She shot back, forgetting their previous conversation.

"Hyde, get off!" Kelso grumbled, trying to shove the boy off him. The pair looked away from each other, both glancing down at Kelso struggling.

"Kelso, look, man, we need to settle this." Hyde said seriously, growing tired of Kelso's constant arguing.

"No, I don't want to settle this." The taller boy argued. "I don't want to talk about it. All I want to do is pound you so you can feel as bad as I do."

"Fine. Fair enough." Hyde sighed, standing up and gesturing for Kelso to hit him. "Go ahead and hit me. A free shot."

"You gonna hit me back?" Kelso stood up, hesitating to hit his friend.

"No man, that's why it's called a free shot."

"Oh, okay." He raised his fist causing Goldie to look away. As angry as she was at Hyde, she still loved him enough to hate the idea of him getting pounded. "Get ready. Here it comes. It's coming. Get ready."

"We're ready!" Fez snapped, growing impatient. "Do it, fool!"

"You know what? Forget it." Kelso said lowly, the hurt evident in his voice. "It's not gonna change anything. I just, forget it."

"Look, Kelso, I didn't plan for this." Hyde sat down beside the boy, his voice filled with sincerity. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm really sorry."

"Aww." Donna and Fez chimed in, both surprised by his honesty. Goldie felt the tears gathering in her eyes as she realised she had truly lost him. Him and Jackie weren't just hooking up, he had fallen for her.

"Would you get bent?" He snapped at the pair. His body stilled, eyes meeting her glossy ones. "I'm sorry to both of you."

"So, what are gonna do now?" Kelso questioned quietly while glancing at Hyde.

"I'll tell you what you guys are gonna do." Donna dropped her magazine down and stood between the pair behind the sofa. "You two are gonna shake hands, and you're gonna be done with it." This idea caused Kelso to quickly deny. "Shake hands."

"I don't wanna."

"Shake!" She used the voice she had learned from Eric and Goldie's grandmother giving the silent girl PTSD. The two boys shook hands reluctantly, finally putting the arguing behind them.

"Wouldn't it just be fair if Kelso dates Goldie?" Fez suggested, everyone turning to glance at the boy confused. "Well, if Hyde is dating Jackie, then Kelso should date Goldie. It's fair."

"Kelso wouldn't be able to handle Mar." Hyde scoffed, leaning back in his seat as he looked at his ex-girlfriend.

"What makes you so sure?" Goldie argued back, crossing her arms over her chest. "Maybe Kelso is stronger than you and can deal with my fiery personality. Not everyone is weak like you."

"Don't make me make you two shake hands." Donna warned the pair before they started another argument. "I won't hesitate."

"Okay, fine, I'll just walk away." She raised her hands up defensively, standing up to leave the basement. "I don't want to hurt his fragile masculinity."

"Careful, Marigold." Hyde grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched her walk towards the door.

"Ooo, first naming me, Steven." She winked at the boy over her shoulder. "How kinky."

"Leave, Marigold." Donna shouted at the girl, rolling her eyes at her friends playfulness.

"Damn, Donna, you wanting to join in?" Marigold laughed, leaving the basement to find her car.