fifty eight

58|COLLEGE PARTY

Marigold linked her arm with Lucy, following her through the hallways towards the main party. A red cup was placed in her hand, the liquid warming her throat as she downed the contents of the cup.

Her body swayed to the music, hands on Lucy's hips, chests pressed against each other as the alcohol took control. Lucy cupped Goldie's cheeks, stroking her pale skin before pulling their faces closer. Goldie made the first move, planting her lips on Lucy's, tangling their tongues together as her hands moved up her body.

"Fuck." Goldie pulled away, glancing beside her and noticing Hyde watching her with wide eyes. "That was hot."

"Shame you're with Jackie. You could have joined us." She patted his chest and kissed his cheek before grabbing Lucy's hand and dragging her over to the drink table.

"Who was he?" Lucy giggled, watching as Hyde stayed standing in one spot, watching the girls with a defeated look.

"Ex-boyfriend who slept with a mutual friend after we had an argument." Goldie shrugged in response, not wanting her memories to cause an emotional breakdown. "Excuse me, I need to go check on my friends. I'll find you later?"

"Stay safe!" The blonde girl placed a kiss on Goldie's cheek before leaving to find her friends at the party.

"CPR line not working?" Goldie chuckled as she found Kelso standing beside the CPR poster.

"I thought chicks would dig it." Kelso pouted sadly, watching the girl that had rejected his last attempt start making out with another guy.

"You're pretty." She said sweetly, pursing her lips as she felt sorry for the boy.

"Can I have a kiss?" He smirked down at her, winking suggestively as he tried his line on her again.

"Fine." Marigold placed both her hands on his cheeks and pulled his lips down on to hers. The kiss was quick, a hand wrapping around her wrist causing her to pull away from the desperate boy.

"Seriously?" Hyde grabbed her wrist, dragging her down the halls, past the many bodies making out and into a closet. "First you kiss some stranger and now my friend?"

"You've got to be joking." She stared at him with an amused look. "Steven, you kissed my friend first. Fuck, you actually had sex with her."

"That's different."

"How?" Goldie snapped, folding her arms over her chest as she waited for an explanation. "Explain to me how me kissing your friend after we've been broken up for months is different from you fucking my friend when we were barely broken up."

"I don't know." Hyde groaned with frustration, running his fingers through his curly hair. "I just don't like seeing you with other people."

"Why?"

"Can you button your shirt up?" He avoided her question, glancing down at her exposed cleavage. "I can't think when they are just staring at me."

Marigold smirked to herself, slowly unbuttoning her shirt, eyes staring deep into his. She stepped forwards, chest pressed against his, arms wrapped around his neck as his hands fell to her hips.

"Do you want to know the difference between me and you?" Goldie whispered in his ear. "I actually have an ounce of respect. I don't want to jeopardise your relationship with Jackie. So go back to the motel."

She moved away, buttoning her shirt back up before leaving the closet. Goldie quickly found Lucy again, meeting the girls friends while filling her cup back up. She watched in the corner of her eye as Hyde grabbed Fez and Kelso, taking them back to the motel with him.

"What did you say to him?" Lucy chuckled as the pair watched the three boys leave, Hyde ignoring Kelsos boasting voice as he repeatedly talked about his kiss with Goldie. "Your ex looks very hot and bothered."

"I just put him in his place." Marigold shrugged, watching Hyde leave with sad eyes.

"Hey, how about we go back to our dorm and talk?" The girl suggested, noticing the sudden mood shift. "Sometimes venting to someone who doesn't know your ex can be good."

"I don't want to be a bother."

"It's fine, come on." Lucy grabbed Goldie's hand and dragged her through the sweaty bodies and upstairs to their dorm. The pair sat on their beds, gossiping about their lives as Goldie broke down from her broken heart.