forty

40|DIRTY CARS AND I LOVE YOUS

"What are you doing?" Marigold asked with worry as she stepped into the kitchen, finding Hyde and Fez baking.

"I'm Red, dumb ass." Fez said with a gruff voice, wearing the man's work blazer and fishing hat, a can of beer in his hand. "Where are my muffins, dumb ass?"

"Baking." Hyde laughed, terribly pouring the mixture into some muffin trays. He was cut off by the phone ringing, quickly going to pick it up while Goldie leaned on the counter, watching the pair. "Forman Residence. Dr. Hook speaking."

"I hope it's Red." Goldie chuckled to herself, waiting for Hyde to continue talking.

"Who is it, dumb ass?" Fez asked, still mocking Red.

"Oh, hey, Mrs. Forman." Hyde greeted the woman on the phone, sipping at his beer before passing it to Goldie.

"Mrs. Forman." The exchange student gasped dramatically, covering his mouth when he realised who was on the phone.

Goldie watched as he frantically hid the beer cans and remove Reds fishing hat off his head. She dipped her finger in the mix, licking it off as she chuckled at Fez still freaking out.

"I finished my homework." Fez shouted, hoping for Kitty to hear him. "Now let's move on to Bible study!"

"Oh, that's too bad." Hyde said down the phone, shoving Fez away with his elbow. "You were really looking forward to seeing them fat twins, right?"

"What's happened?" Goldie mouthed to her boyfriend.

"Yeah, of course." He put the phone down, huffing as he turned to face the pair. "They're coming home early. You know what this means?"

"Yeah, we have to hurry up and find Eric." Fez nodded along in understanding.

"No." Hyde corrected him. "We have to hurry up and finish the rest of Red's beer. Hopefully, Forman'll get blamed for that too."

"Throw me one." Goldie laughed as the two boys raced to the fridge, grabbing the last few cans of beer. "Cute apron."

"Thank you." He twirled around, grinning to himself as he watched her snort loudly from laughing so hard. "Adorable." He mumbled to himself, leaning against the counter as she tried to calm down.

~~

"So you smooched the Cannon." Fez said proudly as they received the update from Eric on his date. "How was her tongue? Was it nimble?"

"Like a belly dancer." Eric answered as he sat back on his bed. "And at one point, I was touching a spot not four inches from her boob."

"So proud of you, cousin." Goldie shook her head at him, rolling her eyes at his statement.

"Not bad, Forman." Hyde leaned back in his chair, his voice filled with teasing. "Not only did you get within shouting distance of second base, you successfully snaked Reds Corvette."

"Yeah, well, I gotta wash it, wax it, and put on a hubcap, but that should only take about an hour." He shrugged, waving off the small issue with the car. "I'm gonna do it in the morning."

"Perfect. Sleep tight." The frizzy haired boy jumped up, grabbing Goldie's hand and dragging her along with him.

"All right." Eric high fived the two boys before getting into bed.

"Oh, by the way, um, your parents called a couple hours ago." Hyde paused in the doorway, nudging Goldie as she chuckled at his evil intentions. "They'll be home in forty minutes."

"What?"

"Relax, man." He waved it off, laughing with Fez. "We're just messing with you. They'll be home in twenty minutes."

Hyde and Goldie sat by the back door, watching as Eric and Fez quickly ran around trying to clean the mud covered car.

She eventually left them, retiring to her room to sleep as she heard the car pull into the drive. Her door creaked open, locking as foot steps came closer to her bed.

The mattress creaked as he lay down next to her, pulling her against him as his arm wrapped around her waist. His hand sneaked under her shirt, resting on her bare stomach.

"He got away with it." Hyde mumbled into her ear, stroking her hair out of her face.

"It's Red." She reminded him, shuffling closer into his arms. "He always knows."

"True." He chuckled, kissing her head lovingly. "Forman will be blamed for the beer though."

"You're evil." Marigold glanced over her shoulder. "I love you."

"You're tired."

"I know."

"I'm not saying it."

"Say it."

"I love you too."