✔ Twenty-fourth Chapter

"Your eyes are the most lovely pair of hazel brown," he whispered as we danced slow with the music.

It's our second night of honeymoon and Syl brought me to this excellent restaurant. The food they served were simply amazing, and when a music started, he asked me for a dance.

I was blushingly said, "Yes." I looked away with what he said. 

"Stop." He cupped my chin. "Don't look away, I'm still memorizing the details of your eyes."

"Syl," I warned him.

He chuckled. "Better be used to it 'cause I'll shower you with compliments, wife."

Syl caught my right hand, because I let him, and he put his other hand on the back of my waist.

Then he led the dance.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming

He tensed up when he heard the music.

"What's wrong?" I asked innocently. Did you remember that that music was the one we danced with during our honeymoon? 

"Nothing." He composed himself with a smile.

I smirked. "Right." Raising my face to meet his eyes, I saw that he was surprised.

"Y-You," he stuttered.

I blinked and tilted my head. "I'm what?"

"You have hazel brown eyes," he whispered.

"You noticed them? Thank you," I smiled. What other things have you noticed Syl? Say them, all of them.

My hand on his shoulder made its way to his hair and gently stroke it, like what I did before.

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

"'Cause even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream would never do, I'd still miss you, baby and I don't wanna miss a thing," I sang with the music, and he stopped dancing altogether.

"Mackenzie?" he asked horrified.

I batted my eyes. "I'm sorry who? My name is not Mackenzie."

He shook his head. "N-Nothing. I'm sorry, it just that not just your eyes but when you stroke my hair, and your voice when you sang along with the song, the way you danced..."

I'm surprised that you do remember those things about me.

He looked up. "You're like her."

Silly man. I am her.

"Her? Who's 'her'? Wait, are you married then you're dancing with me? How despicable you are!" I asked incredulously.

"W-What? No! I'm not married," he denied. Is he denying that Violet?

"Then who were you talking about?"

"M-My," he gulped and had his pitiful face up.

That acting face won't fool me, Sylvester Theo Travis.

"Your?" I went with his acting, and tried to sound worried.

"My ex-wife. S-She died on an accident." He looked down on the floor.