✔ Fifty-first Chapter

Nahirapan ako sa kanyang POV grabe! But thank you sa pagsapi sa'kin Doctor X para masulat ito. HAHAHA!
Anyway, here yah go--HIS POV.

-Aks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xian's POV

"That's so nice of you," she complimented, yet, her eyes were confused.

I tilted my head as I led our dance. "You want to say something else, so say it, Mackenzie."

Her eyes registered a surprise. "Are you reading my mind, Doc Xian?"

Tightening my left hand around her right, I smiled at her. "I told you before, I just know my patients very well."

She huffed as she rolled her eyes. "So I'm back being one of your patients?"

"I didn't say that."

"Then what are you trying to say?"

"I know my patients because I study their profiles, but.." I pushed her towards me. Her body was exactly where I wanted her to be and the way she gasped sharply made me smile secretly. "But you, my favorite stubborn woman, are a special case. I can almost always know what you are thinking."

Her eyes fluttered rapidly before finding her voice. "Almost huh? Why not completely?" She taunted.

I put my mouth next to her left ear then whispered, "Because that will come later."

When she moaned softly, I realized I'm inflicting self-punishment to myself again. "How did we get into this kind of situation?" She rested her head on my chest and I let her hand go -- only to wrap both of my arms around her. I was rewarded when she put her hands securely on my back. "Can't we just stay like this?"

I rested my cheek on the top of her head, inhaling her sweet scent. "We can, my Mackenzie, but not now. Not yet." I tightened my arms around her.

God, Mackenzie, only the Lord knows how much I love to be with you, how much I love to have you all by myself... how much I just love you.

"You keep on saying that," she giggled lightly. "Nanonood ka ba ng ALDUB kaya sinusunod mo si Lola Nidora at sa 'tamang panahon' ang peg mo?"

I frowned at what she said. "I don't watch TV, Mackenzie. And if ever I do, it will only be on the news channel."

"Pfft." Even without looking at her, I know she just rolled her eyes. "Eh 'di wow."

I shook my head while smirking. "Just be ready okay?"

This time, she looked up confused. "Be ready for what? For Syl?"

I shook my head again. "Be ready for the time when I take everything that are mine."

She stilled for a second then smiled. And that smile wa something I never saw her gave away before. It was a smile that said she knows, understands, and is waiting.

We stopped dancing then as I got awestruck at how beautiful she was. Then, her right hand cupped my left cheek, still with that smile. "Ma-ALDEN kita," she whispered before walking away.

"XIAN!"

I jolted as the door of my office flew open and closed with a bang. "What?" I asked as the person who came storming inside.

I dozed off again? I sighed. A week had passed and since then I've been dozing off every day and remembering that moment. This needs to end.