✔ Ninth Chapter

"MMMFF!" Impit kong sigaw ng itapon ako ni Mr. Travis sa bangin.

Hindi ko alam kung masu-survive ko pa ba ito o hindi pero bago pa man ako makapag-isip ng kung anuman, tumama ang aking ulo sa malaking bato. At dahil dun, I saw vague familiar, yet, unfamiliar scenes on my mind.

"NO! THIS CAN'T BE!" I looked up to meet the eyes of the Travis family's lawyer and the rest of the Travis family members. "THIS IS A FAKE! IT-IT CAN'T BE REAL!"

"I'm sorry Princess Mackenzie, but this is real," seryosong sabi nung lawyer. "Your clan is facing a bankruptcy and a merger of the Travis Corporation and Ayala Union would be the only way to save your companies and your whole clan."

"T-This," I stuttered as tears starting to fall down my cheeks. "Y-You're kidding right?" Tinignan ko ang mag-asawang Travis at ang anak nilang si Sylvester Theo Travis. "R-Right?"

Alam kong mukha na akong katawa-tawa sa paningin nila pero wala akong pakielam. This is not happening!

"We're very sorry, sweetie, but what our lawyer showed to you is the truth," Mrs. Sylvia Travis said to me.

"We want to help you, hija, by doing an arrange marriage, if you want," Mr. Theodore Travis offered.

Arranged marriage? Is this some kind of a joke? I'm only SIXTEEN!

I shook my head deliberately. "No. I'm too young for marriage. My clan, my family won't allow it. No, no, NO!"

Sylvester Theo Travis suddenly stood up and held my trembling shoulders. "This is all for you—for your clan and for your family. You don't want them to be poor, right? You don't want them to suffer, right?"

Nagtititigan kami at alam kong may mali sa kanya—sa kanilang lahat. Pero, I can't deny that what he said isn't true. I don't want my family, my whole clan, to suffer from the poverty. They worked and still working with their whole life to protect our family heritage, our treasure, and I don't want to waste their effort.

Pero... Can I exchange my freedom just to save my clan's humiliation? Kaya ko ba?

Tinignan ko sila isa-isa, and I knew that I would do everything to protect my family. Even if it means selling my soul, my freedom, myself to this peoplethe Travis family.

Another hit on my head added to make me bleed to death.and another vague scene from the past replayed in my head.

My daddy sealed the deal.

Sylvester Theo Travis and I are having our wedding the day after I turned 18, pero dahil kailangan kong magpractice being a housewife, I must live with him during the years of waiting for our wedding.

And I don't know why but I felt like I'm trapped now. It's like I'm the rabbit that fell into that hole and have no idea how to get out. How could I if I was the one who wanted it, if I was the one who chosen this path, if I was the one who put myself into this mess?

"Remember, don't ask your parents or any of your clan member about this or else the deal is off."

Nalala kong sabi sakin ni Mr. Travis bago ako umalis ng office, and I found myself asking, "Why? I want to know their thoughts about this matter."