✔ Forty-fifth Chapter

I tilted my head. "What is it ate? What cannot ―?"

Ate Lilac exhaled sharply and shook her head. "I just remembered, princess, that I didn't bring any mozzarella cheese for the lasagna."

"Are you –?"

"Naku ate! It's fine, we have so many mozzarella here," Kira cut me off. "I'll just go get it and some plates na rin and forks."

"Okay, I'll help you." Lance offered and the two of them were already gone leaving just the three of us.

"Guess dear is hungrier than I thought she was." I muttered and when I turned my head back, I saw ate Lilac looking at Doc intently. 

Is there something wrong? Do they know each other?

My second question was already answered when I peeked on Doc. He was not looking at ate Lilac, he was looking between the two of us.

"What's going on?" he asked, staring at me now. I could feel my cheeks blushing.

"Ah, I-I." Blink. "Dear and Lance a-are.." Blink. "Getting things?"

He stared at me a little bit more and the left corner of his lips lifted in a second. Or maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me.

"Doctor Xian Rafael, right?" Ate Lilac found her voice and she got our attention. "Can I ask you something in private?" Then she turned to me with a smile. "Is that okay, Princess? I just have to ask something about my health without paying and I don't want to ruin Kira's appetite."

Kira was already skipping towards us, heading to the table, before I answered. "Haha, go ahead ate. I assure you that your health problems will be confidential and absolutely free, right Doc? Free si ate 'di ba?"

"She's your friend, Mackenzie, of course it's free," he answered, then he looked at ate. "But next time is not."

"Oh, of course naman! Ngayon lang ito kasi free," tawa naman ni ate. "Lead the way." Doc Xian nodded and they headed out.

"Kain na tayo dali!" sigaw naman ni Kira. "Naready ko na ang mga plato."

"Easy, sweetheart, here are the glasses," natatawang sabi naman ng padating na si Lance.

Nakita kong nagblush si dear at napatawa na lang ako. "Takaw mo kasi dear, eh. Ayan, napagsabihan ka tuloy ng kuya mo."

"Eh gusto ko ng matikman dear! Ang bango-bango kaya!"

Lance patted her head before sitting next to her. "Okay, sweetheart, give me your plate and I'll serve you."

I shook my head at how dear looked like an excited little kid while waiting for her food. "You're spoiling her too much," I teased as I sat in front of them.

"Here you go," Lance whispered as he gave back the plate with a big slice of lasagna to Kira, which she devoured immediately. Then ours eyes met. "I don't mind spoiling her, Zie. Don't worry, I'll get you a big slice too."

"Pfft, don't need it," I huffed as I give him my plate and when I get it back, my mouth fell open then I laughed. "Hahaha! Seriously Lance? Heart?"

"It came from mine," he winked as he licked the sauce on his thumb.

I rolled my eyes and just took a bite. "Mmm! This is so good!"

"I know right? Kuya isa pa po please!" Kira answered that surprised us.

"Takaw!" I teased as Lance gave her another slice. "Ano ang drinks?"

"Oh shoot! I forgot about the drinks," Lance said.