✔ Thirty-fourth Chapter

"I'm so sorry little sister," Syl said.

Napalingon kaming tatlo sa kanya. Papaalis na dapat kasi kami, pauwi na sana. Napansin kong napatigil si Kira at medyo nag-aalinlangang sumagot.

And that was my cue.

"It's fine Syl," I acted. "The auction was for a good cause and the money that you got will be given to the charity right? Then don't worry. Kira is just a bit shaky, but she'll be fine." I put my hands on Kira's shoulders.

"B-But, she's going to spend a day with a stranger!" He said in disgust looking at Lance Casteñeda who is standing on my right. Kira is on my left.

That's a whole lot better than you killing her!

"I-I," Kira started but took a deep breath before continuing. "I'll be fine kuya." Nginitian niya ito. "It's not like I'm going to die if I spend a day with Mr. Casteñeda, right?"

I stopped myself from smirking.

And the confident Kira is back, ladies and gentlemen.

Syl looked alarmed with what Kira just said. "Ye-yeah."

"See? You don't have to be sorry at all Syl." Nakangiti kong sabi.

"Mr. Travis." Biglang tawag ni Lance sa kanya. "I already gave the money to the charity, in case you might ask where the money is."

"WHAT? WHY DID YOU GIVE IT TO THEM? WHEN DID YOU HAVE THE TIME DO IT? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US BEFORE YOU TOOK THAT STUPID ACTION?" Galit na sigaw ni Syl.

Ngumisi si Lance. "Do you rather get hold of the money before giving it to the charity? How would I know that the charity would really receive it? How would I know that you would not take it for your own sake? Can you guarantee to me that my 5 million dollars will get to them without being stained by some people's dirty hands?"

Ohh, this Lance gave me chills! He just intimidated Syl with his questions and that accent.

Naka-recover si Syl at naningkit ang kanyang mga mata kay Lance. "Are you saying that I would get that money and use it for my own convenience?"

Lance gave him a neutral expression. "I never mentioned any names."

"But that's what you are implying!"

Kira and I looked at each other then looked back at the two men.

"Implying is different from explaining, or rather, in my case, questioning." Lance walked and Syl followed his movements.

Naramdaman ko na lang na may kamay sa bewang ko, and I think Kira felt it too because she gasped quietly.

"Now, if you excuse me," sabi ni Lance na nasa likod pala namin ni Kira. Napatingala tuloy ako sa kanya — kami ni Kira, actually. "I have two beautiful Little Red Riding Hoods that I need to protect from the big, bad Wolf."

And with that, Lance turned us 180 degrees and led us away from the Travis' Empire.

-x-

Hindi na kami nagpasundo kay itay Tino dahil nagprisinta si Lance na ihatid kami. He even told us that someone had ordered him to do this.

"I would still give you ladies a ride without anyone ordering me." He said looking at the rear-view mirror, meeting my eyes. Nakaupo kasi kami ni Dear sa backseat. "We're here."