✔ Thirty-seventh Chapter

"Pleasure to meet you, Mackenzie Ayala. No, Princess Mackenzie Ayala."

I momentarily stopped breathing. H-How could this be? H-How did she know that its me? W-Why –

She noticed my horror and offered an understanding smile. "Please don't be afraid, I am not here to fight. Nor to cause you any trouble."

"Not here to fight or cause me any trouble? Are you freaking kidding me?" I raised my voice and gritted my teeth. "Tell me, huh! Tell me why and how can I believe you? Just because you dressed up so nicely with all the formality suit-and-pencil skirt and now-a-brown-hair-in-a-bun does not change the fact that you brought me to hell before Violet!"

She looked at me with such sad eyes. "Princess, I am not Violet Kizon."

That surprised me again. "Oh yeah? Humor me. Who are you then?"

She loosen up the cuff link of her right wrist and rolled up the sleeve until it rested on her elbow. Then she held it up for me to see her tattoo. Wait, not just a tattoo, it's a brand. A fancy letter 'A' was branded on her right wrist.

"N-No way," I whispered. "Y-You have ―"

She nodded before I even finished what I was going to say. "My name is Lilac Kizon, the only family of Violet Kizon. I am her twin sister. And this brand." Tinignan niya ito as she traced it with her left hand's fingers.

"That meant you are an Ayala property." I whispered loud enough for her to hear. And the wind outside blew loudly.

She returned her sad, yet, kind gaze to my eyes. "I'm your cousin's property. I'm Blake Ayala's girlfriend."

"You're what?!" I asked shocked. No. That can't be! My kuya Blake didn't have any –

A loud gasp escaped my lips when I remembered a conversation with him.

"Kuya? If you ever get a girlfriend, would you still treat me as your princess?" Tanong ko sa kanya while going through the clothes he bought for me.

He chuckled. "Nothing and no one can change how I treat you my Princess." He patted my head.

"Hmm? Really po? Maybe you're just saying that because you don't have a girlfriend yet. Then once you got one, you'll forget what you'd just said." I pouted. Okay, I admit, I'm spoiled with my kuyas, especially with my kuya Blake. We grew up together even though he's like 7-8 years older than me.

He was living with us because he wanted Daddy to train him about the Ayala's businesses. My cousins are architects, doctors, realtors, and many more. Only a few are businessmen, and kuya Blake is the most dedicated one when it comes to running the Ayala's businesses.

"Princess, I'm not going to back out with my words. You know me when I say something about you, I mean it. And I will do it. Why do you think I've been working hard for all these years to master the Ayala's Business Techniques and continue to make the Ayala the best and foremost?" tanong niya sa'kin habang hawak ang magkabilaan kong balikat.

Napakunot-noo ako. "Because you love it?"

He shook his head. "Because I love you. I love our Princess Mackenzie Ayala so much that I don't want her to get any hardships once she inherited all of the Ayala's inheritance."

"Wha --? P-Pero kuya Blake, you don't have to do that." I said while trying to fight back my tears. Na-touch ako sa sinabi nitong pinsan ko.