✔ Fifty-fifth Chapter

Tissues, tissues, where art thou tissues?

*Play the video above para mas feel niyo, if you like. Enjoy! ;)

-Aks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's in the middle of the night when I heard it.

I know I'm asleep but I just couldn't ignore what I'm hearing.

The sound of a baby crying made me open my eyes. My breathing was hard as I sat up and looked around the hotel room. No one was here, I know that for sure because we all have our own rooms. I unconsciously rubbed my arms and found the sliding door was open and the waves of the ocean can be heard here clearly.

"Must be the ocean the —"

There it is again!

I heard a baby crying again! I stood up and headed to the terrace. The cries were coming from the beach.

"Must go there," I muttered to myself and without wasting anymore second, I ran out of my room.

The closer I get to the ocean, the louder the cries get.

But where is it coming?

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I called out, hoping that the baby was with someone who just couldn't make him stop from crying.

No one answered, except the cries are starting to get softer.

I frantically looked back and forth and ran from here to there. Then I decided to go to the left side of the beach where there are piles of big rocks, trying to see if I could hear the cries again.

And I did, louder than I expected.

"Hello? May tao ba dito? Hello?" I tried talking to anyone again, hoping I could get an answer. And again, I didn't get any, except for those loud cries.

"Ouch!" I hissed as my right foot slipped and I ended up bumping my left side on a rock. "Ow, ow, ow," I muttered repeatedly as I turned my left arm and seeing scratches. They are not deep, I think, but they are bleeding.

You're not gonna die with simply scratches, Mackenzie, so get your butt up!

Huminga ako ng malalim before trying to stand up. "OUCH!" I hissed as my left side hurts like hell. Breathing heavily, I managed to stand up and walk again.

I'm close. I thought as the cries get even louder. But where are — oh my sweet Jesus!

I gasped as I thought I was going to pass out with what I was seeing.

There was a little boy around 6 - 7 years old that was kneeling beside a basket. He was wearing a white long sleeve polo and a white pants. His hair was almost like a girl's hair, similar to that Vanness Wu of the Meteor Garden. It was as black as a charcoal, yet, shined brightly by the strokes of the moonlight.

His little hands are holding the basket and they are playing inside of it.

I cleared my throat to get his attention. He stopped playing inside the basket the same time the cries also stopped.

"H-Hello little guy," I said softly as I made my way to where he is. My left side was hurting with every step I'm making, but I ignored it. "Are you waiting for someone?"

He nodded lightly.

"Oh, well then, where is this someone?"

He shook his head.