44: Reed900 - Platonic

•Human AU - Not Edited

Gavin was sitting on his bed in his shared apartment pulling at his hair. He was extremely frustrated with the guy he's been seeing and he didn't know how to deal with it.

"Hey Gav, you okay?" Conan, his roommate and best friend, questions.

"No, I'm so frustrated with Ian. He just won't give me space. He's too clingy. He's too dependent on me, and we're not even dating! Every time I tell him I'm busy, he always messages me and/or asks when I'm going to be done. It sounds dumb and like I'm overreacting, but I swear I'm not. You know how I am, I'm an independent person. I need time alone to let me social meter calm down. The other day, he messaged me multiple times when I was at work because he was apparently having major anxiety and he needed me. I get that I told him I'd always be there for him, but I was at work. He has other friends. He knew I was at work. And when I went to visit my parents, he kept on messaging me when I told him I was busy. I told him yesterday to give me some space for a few days and not to message me, but guess what? He still messaged me. And there's so many other things he's done, but I just- ahh I can't even think about it, I'm so frustrated."

"Jeez, that's uh... wow. I actually came in here to tell you he just stopped by..."

Gavin's head shoots up when his friend says that, "what?" he growls.

"Yeah, he dropped off this get well basket thing. I told him you were busy because I thought you were sleeping."

"That's it. I'm cutting this entire thing off. Blocked, fucking blocked. I can't believe him. I told him I needed space and he completely disregarded that. He's a decent person, but fuck, he needs to learn boundaries. Fuck, Conan," his voice trembles, his hands physically shaking from how pissed off he was. "He won't get it through his damn head that people need space. He just crossed one of the biggest boundaries, oh my fucking god."

Conan quickly sits on the bed, bringing Gavin into his arms, "just breathe, Gav. It's okay, all you gotta do is tell him you don't want to see him anymore and then block him on everything. It's easy. It'll be okay. You don't have to deal with him anymore."

Gavin nods, holding in his tears of frustration. He holds onto his closest friend tightly, letting out a huge breath of relief. Conan always knew how to take care of him.

"Thanks, Co."

"Of course, I'm always here for you. Do you wanna take a shower to calm down? Or order in some food and watch a movie?"

"Can you order the food while I take a shower?" He asks, basking in the warmth.

"Yeah, course. Do you wanna text him now and then take a shower or do it later?"

"Now. I should get it over with."

-

Gavin had sent a couple simple messages saying that this wasn't going to work between them. He didn't give a clear reason why, but said that he needed space away from relationships and that sort of thing. Ian just responded with an okay, and that was it. The brunette was a bit confused, but glad it was over with.

-

Over the past few days, Gavin had noticed that Ian was still trying to message him. He also noticed that there was a car, that looked exactly like Ian's, always near where he was. He thought he was paranoid, but then it soon became a reality when Conan brought up the flowers that had been left in front of their apartment door.

"Hey, I think Ian is stalking me," Gavin said out loud to the other when he walked into the living room.

"What? Really? Why would you think that? Because he keeps calling my phone and hanging up? Because he keeps leaving roses in front of the door? Because every time I come home, I feel like I'm being watched? Or because every time we're out together, his car is always somewhere where we are?"

Gavin raises his eyebrows in surprise, only knowing half of that information, "so I'm not the only one feeling that? That's a relief, but what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Talk to him maybe?"

The shorter huffs, not liking that idea, but knowing that would probably be the only way to get him away.

"Fine."

____

Ian P.

Hey Ian.

Hey Gavin!
It feels like we
haven't talked
in such a long time!!

Yeah.
I just wanted to ask
if you had been leaving
roses by my door.

Oh, so you saw that.
It was me!
I'm sorry for
whatever I did,
but I really want a second
chance! You're
an incredible guy.

Gavin cringes at his next text.

Yeah about that
You need to stop.
I thought I had made
it clear last week that
this wasn't going to work.
I really just need to to stop.

Oh...
Can we at least be
friends?

No, I'm sorry.
I just don't think we can.

Why not?

I have a boyfriend
and he doesn't really
appreciate you messaging
me constantly.

I thought you weren't
ready for a relationship?

I'm sorry, I lied.
My friend confessed
and I realized I
had feelings for him.

Oh fuck-

Oh, that's unfortunate.
Sorry about the roses then.

Yeah...
Anyway, have a
nice day.

_____

"Conan!" Gavin yells to the next room, regretting what he said already.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" The said person came into the room, leaning on the doorway.

"I may have done something and you just need to go with it," Gavin deadpans, feeling dumb as ever.

"What did you do?"

"I told him I had a boyfriend and he needed to stop with the roses."

"You what? Who's this so-called boyfriend?"

Gavin looked down into his lap, waiting for his friend to figure it out.

"Gavin Reed! I can't believe you! Oh my god, why am I friends with such an idiot? You need to tell him the truth."

"No- I can't! He's obviously jealous, so he'll probably leave me alone now."

"Or he might go psycho crazy and try to kill me so he can take you away."

"That only happens in movies."

"What do you think those movies are based on?"

"...imagination."

"Gavin."

"We don't even have to act like a couple, but if we see him somewhere or something, then all we gotta go is hold hands. That's it."

"I can't believe you."

"Please!" Gavin begs, pulling on his puppy eyes, "do this for me. Please. Just until we know he's stopped."

Conan huffs, "you got yourself a boyfriend then."

How was this?•