3: Reed900

•I'm obsessed, fight me•

Gavin's POV:

"What?" I say into the phone, my heart breaking. "Y-you're- you've gotta be kidding me. You can't be serious, Elijah."

Tears sprung to my eyes and I squeezed my eyes closed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Mom couldn't tell you because... she's devastated, Gav, she's barely talking to anyone other than me," my brother said sadly.

My heart rate picked up and I could feel it pounding against my chest. It got tighter every time I breathed.

"I-I gotta go, I'm sorry," I quickly hang up and drop the phone on the floor.

"C-," I try to say but I gulp instead.

I crouch down, one hand covering my face and the other helping me keep my balance.

I couldn't breathe but I could. I held back the tears, making my head hurt and my body tense.

"Baby boy, what's wrong?" Conan comes over to me and sets his hands on my shoulders.

I clear my throat, "m-my dad just died."

His eyes widen from surprise but quickly go soft and he pulls me along to the couch.

"I'm so sorry, kitten," he wraps his arms around me and I lean on his chest, finding tons of comfort in it. I grasp onto his sleeve, squeezing it tightly in my hand to help me hold back the tears.

He presses soft kisses to my head and I feel myself calm down. A wave of sadness hits me over and over but the tears dry away, leaving me in a numb state.

"We can go over there tonight if you need," Conan suggests and I nod, slipping from his grasp.

I stand and take in deep breaths, remembering what I had learned from Conan.

"I'll get my jacket and the keys, go put on your shoes," he says with a light-hearted voice, kissing my cheek.

I do as he says and pull on my shoes, grabbing my jacket in the process.

We walk out of the house and get in the car. He drives because clearly I'm not stable enough to drive.

This all was just... shocking. I felt saddened but I knew my brother and my mom needed me. Or... I needed them?

•How was this?•