38: Reed900

Gavin slams open the door to his house, anger and confusion rushing through his veins.

"Conan! You better have a good fucking expla... nation... what is all this?" The shorter male pauses, seeing his house in a sweet Christmas chaos.

Lights hung from the ceiling, neatly wrapping themselves around and outlining the doorway. A Christmas tree sat there, brand new bulbs, lights, and popcorn string hanging from it. Though, the star was missing for some reason. A small train also ran around it, quietly playing Sleigh Ride. Along with that, there were Christmas nick-nacks on little shelves that he already had.

When the smaller brunette looked over to the kitchen, he saw Conan with his back faced towards him. He was wearing a loose, maroon shirt and black, red pajama pants, and a cute ass Santa hat.

What Conan was doing was the real question. There was a delightful smell that made Gavin's mouth water as he walked over, speechless. There, on the counter, were Christmas sugar cookies. There wasn't anything on them, but there were tiny bowls of multicolored frostings next to them.

"Why did you do this?" Gavin questioned, shock still sprouting through his bones.

Conan faced him with a sad smile. He reach out and held the smaller's hand, "you once told me that you've never had a proper Christmas. I wanted to give you one, even though I'm not really sure how humans really celebrate. I skimmed through a few movies to see. They weren't very good, though."

Gavin wiped his eyes, stepping forward and wrapping his arms around the android's neck. He was happy. For the first time in the Christmas season he was happy.

"Thank you, Conan. Thank you so much," the detective whispered, holding back tears.

"Anything for my little devil," the taller said, his own hands wrapping themselves around Gavin's waist.

"I assume that's why you left me to deal with Hank today then?" Gavin giggled, still a bit salty, but grateful that Conan would do this.

"Yup," the Android laughed, "sorry about that. I just wanted to get everything done on time today."

Gavin smiled, pulling back and setting himself down from his tippy toes, "I wish I would've been able to give you your first Christmas. You've never even heard Feliz Navidad, have you?"

"I haven't, but we have all night, baby."

We stand there, hugging, before Conan jumps up, "oh! I almost forgot!"

He walks into the living room and pulls out a box from the linen closet. Inside, there was a star. It had crystals on it and was absolutely gorgeous.

"I wanted you to put on the star," he blushes blue, smiling with happiness.

"I can't reach," I say, knowing that my ceiling was much higher than I could reach.

"I'll hold you up."

"But what if I lose my balance?"

"You won't. I've got you, baby."

And that was all he needed say to make me gently set that beautiful star on the tree while he held me up by my waist. Once it's on, I connect the plug to another plug from the other lights on the tree. The star shines brightly, entrancing me with its beauty.

"It's so pretty, Co."

"Not as pretty as you, Gavin."

•How was this?
Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful eve and day!•

•How was this?Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful eve and day!•