8: Simkus

•Simon and Markus human AU•

Simon swayed his hips in the kitchen as he rolled out the cookie dough. The pop music played in the background loudly.

He hummed along, focusing more on not accidentally making it too thin.

His took the heart-shaped cookie cutter and began to cut the cookie dough out and setting it onto the pan.

The aura was calm until he went to set the pan in the already hot oven but his finger touched metal.

He hissed in pain and quickly pulled his hand away, letting the pan drop into the oven.

"Are you okay? Let me see," a sudden voice said and Simon was lightly grabbed by his waist and spun around.

"I'll go get you some burn cream, put your finger under cold water. Be right back," Markus said calmly.

Once he came back, Simon had closed the oven and was holding a cold, damp towel to his finger while he cleaned up.

"Babe, take a break. I can clean for you," the taller said, taking a dirty bowl away from his husband's hands.

"But the cookies-"

"They'll be right here and I'll make sure they don't burn."

Simon smiles and kisses Markus' cheek, "thank you sweets, I appreciate it."

"Anything for you," Markus says, giving his lover an Eskimo kiss.

"And you better not burn them. I know how distracted you can get," the blonde warned.

The brown skinned male laughed, "of course I won't burn them. If I do, I'll make more."

And that he did. Simon was in the shower and Markus was too busy playing Piano Tiles on his phone to notice the burning smell from the kitchen.

Simon ran down the stairs in only a towel and pushed the button to turn the oven off.

"Markus!" He yelled, slightly angry but amused at how his accusations he made earlier were correct.

He opened the oven and started coughing as smoke erupted into his face. The smoke made his eyes burn and water and he had to open all the windows and the backyard slider door.

"Oh shit, the timer didn't go off!" Markus said, jumping at the fire alarm that started going off.

"Shut that dammed thing off," Simon said, coughing into a kitchen towel he grabbed.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention," the brown-haired male said.

"It's okay. Get a bowl."

"A bowl? For- oh. Okay."

And then Markus continued to make the cookies as Simon got dressed and came back down, watching from the bar with a glass of wine pressed to his lips.

•How was this?•